Custom Code Search Tool

Hello everyone,

I had a lovely time at insights this year. For those of you who came my presentation, I thank you. I was asked to post this here again for visibility. For those of you who missed it, I wanted to introduce the tool I made for tracking down specific fields and values in BPMs and Customizations.

This tool makes a SQL call to the table that has your custom code and parses it out based on the given search criteria. This has been super helpful for me personally when trying to track down the specific line where Shortchar01 is set to “Error” or whatever other bit of code I’ve written ages ago and now have to modify or replicate.

If I don’t remember the way I wrote something, but know most of it, I can kind of use this as my own personal stackoverflow to find functional code elsewhere and implement it in my current project.

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in giving this a go, all you need to do is download the current release and make sure your windows user has SQL permissions, and set the server and database name to the devicename and database name you want to query.

Until I can implement this functionality in REST rather than SQL, this tool will not work for cloud hosted users. View my code and the current download link below.

8 Likes

Great to meet you and Logan in Vegas this year! And Thanks for posting this up here!

1 Like

Aye, you too Mike! You and Greg both!

2 Likes

Used it this morning already Zach nice jo
Request:
Add non Ad authentication option (sql auth plz) or I can give you a PR if you’ll take one?

1 Like

Jose,

Sure man I’ve got you! I’ve the code put together already and updated it in 1.04, just need to add a SQL auth account before I can test locally.

2 Likes

Nice little tool Kudos to you @zvanmeter

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

@zvanmeter used your tool today (again) thank you! Very useful!

I’m so pleased! Thanks Jose!

1 Like