Custom Text field x50 limit too small - E10.0.700.4

Epicor 10.0.700.4

Hi

Some contacts have email addresses longer than the x50 character limit in the email address field.
I have tried to customize the form to make it allow more characters in custom tools dialog, then under EpiBinding is ‘format x(50)’

But it is greyed out, non editable.

I can only see the one type of text box (EpiTextBox) which can be added in, and a new instance is also is restricted to x(50) and I can’t make it greater.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Did you ever find a solution? I have a similar problem with the output path of an EDI report style. I changed the underlying column to a nvarchar(max) but the EpiTextBox format is still limited to 60 characters.

I didn’t Kevin, other than Epicor to say they’d look into it in future versions.
I assume that gets filed in the same drawer as all the children’s requests to Santa for unicorns.

I have you guys tried to change the format in the extended properties?

Unfortunately, that does not work :frowning:

THe database field is 50 characters you can’t go beyond it without change the Database itself (which is Highly not recommended)

Yes, definitely not messing with that. Sorry to dig this issue up. I know it’s old, but was surprised there hasn’t been a solution yet. Looks like the only real solution is to build a UD.

@Chan213419 please vote for the idea if it is important to you. It is one that we are still hoping to get done, but not yet approved for a future release. https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ERP-I-36