Customer Dashboard - Add new memo

I have created a customer dashboard with a window that displays all open invoices. We would like to be able to select a line and create a new memo related to that particular invoice. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this?

I created an updateable BAQ that allowed me to enter a new record, but have been unable to get the RelatedToSysRowID to update based on the invoice number entered in Key1. Instead, it defaults as 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. If my BAQ includes the invoice number and it’s SysRowID, is there a way to push this into the memo.Key1 field and the Memo.RelatedToSysRowID fields in the new Memo line?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Patti

You may be able to select the Memo business object as your update business object in the BAQ and map the right fields to it. (I have my doubts that it would work, but I would give it a try first) Otherwise you can customize the a tracker view for the dashboard with a button that opens the memo screen with the right launch form options to add a memo to that invoice. A third option would be to write your own update method in the BAQ that will add the memo.