Customizations missing from Menu Maintenance 10.2.200.8

We’re moving our entire environment and upgrading at the same time (oh joy) and because of the high stakes doing all that at once we’re paying Epicor to do the set-up.

We now have a working Test system at 10.2.200.8 based on our old 10.1.400.18. We also have some solutions pre-prepared to fix issues we know to expect. But some menu items are not allowing us to select any customizations. There is nothing in the dropdown, though an existing customization already in place appears to be honoured. If you try to change it, though, even that disappears.

We’ve been through the verification steps, so Customization Maintenance is reporting no problems with the relevant customizations. I’ve looked in the Ice.XXXDef table, and the only difference I can see between customizations that show and ones that don’t is in column DataBaseVersion, which isn’t accessible anywhere in the UI that I can see.

Our Epicor contact is now on holiday, so I can’t kick it back at the moment. I’ve asked Support, but they tell me to update to 10.2.200.11 before doing any more. We don’t want to do that for fear of muddying the responsibility for anything else.

Any ideas before I tell management that the whole thing is on hold for the next week?

Seems to be a bug. we had the same and had to save the customizations with the all company’s box ticked.

1 Like

I’ve just tried that on one customization, and there’s still nothing in the dropdown.

Epicor support say there is no bug so it can’t be happening, which is leaving me a bit frustrated.

So when you query the ice.menu table do you see the customization in the arguments column -c ?

No, not now.

One was there until I tried to change to a different customization. Because even the one that was there isn’t in the dropdown, it wiped it.

ewwwww. I have no words.

Have you checked the release notes between 8 and 11?

I noticed this 10.2.200.8 Tools and Technologies MenuMaintenance | MENU Resolved Issue ERPS-92875 Error attempting to access some menu item in Menu Maintenance

Have all of your conversions run correctly? That’s all I can think of sorry.

Yes, all conversions run fine. All validation and verification fine. You can also open the screen with that customization in developer mode and it’s all OK.

I can’t see anything relevant in the release notes beyond 10.2.200.2, unfortunately, and I don’t at this stage want to complicate the responsibility for the system set-up by further updating on the off-chance. It looks like we’re a bit stuck until our Epicor contact comes back off holiday, which seems crazy but par for the course.

Fair call. You did try saving the customisation again using Save As and checking the All companies, sorry if you have already but thought I might mention it.

I did try that - thanks for the effort thinking around the problem, though.

which menu item? I will get Mason to check this thread in a bit, we had the same issue.

I think there’s more than one, but my test case for the moment is POEntry, MenuID PMGO2001.

They renamed some of the forms in a 10.2xx version (not sure if this one) which causes that dropdown to now show them. You can use a UBAQ to update the customization in the menu and it still works…

1 Like

DId you see the latest post in this thread? The fix does work and it has been confirmed as fixed in 10.2.200.12

1 Like

We had the same issue, though POTracker wasn’t showing rather than POEntry, as well as a few others. Epicor has a hot fix for this. The issue number is PRB0204581.

Thanks. That issue number is probably the key!

I saw that, and it prompted me to raise a ticket with Epicor Support, but they’ve denied knowing of any such problem, let alone a fix for it. I’ll update them with the issue number and see where that gets us.

I have several customers that have encountered this issue and have successfully received the fix from support.

I did see these notes in one of the replies which may help expedite getting the fix for you.

Per development, they told me that the SCRS changed to ERPS-95108

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I’ve tacked that onto my communication with Support as well.

And my reply from support is that the fix is for Engineering Workbench only, and that I should put everything on hold until 10.2.200.12 is released and our contact is back from holiday.

I may fall back on this to get moving, thanks.

It’s strange that the harder we try to do things the “correct” way, the more difficult life with Epicor becomes.