Dashboard within a new sheet

Hello all,

I have added a new dashboard sheet in OrderEntry. The BAQ gets a list of records from a UDtable which has Key1 = the Ordernum.

Question: How can I pass the current ordernum to the dashboard so that only records of that Order show in my dashboard? Kind of If I set a parameter, say “cmd” setting in the BAQ, within the Orderentry screen, how can I pass the ordernum to the parameter cmd of the BAQ?

Another solution I was successful is instead of a Dashboard, use a grid where a would populate with the result of a call to the BAQ in code …

but I was wandering if my first option was possible…

Thanks,

Pierre

1 Like

Look here:

There is an option when adding a embedded dashboard to subscribe to UI data and you will want to map OrderNum to the Key1 in the dashboard data.

Thanks Aaron, but something is missing, it says :slight_smile:

I cannot find the value DashBoard browse in my list of values to assign to my Key1 field…in my dashboard…as the note is indicating? What may I be missing? and where to set it ?.

thanks

Pierre

This is new to me so I’m going to do a quick example.
I created a BAQ that returns order num, company, and cust num. I created a dashboard and used this query as the BAQ. I create a filter on OrderHed.OrderNum. I type Dashboard Browse into the value of the filter and the dashboard browse properties dialog appears. I select OrderNum as the display column and also push OrderNum to the right side of the Drop Down Columns. I selected Primary Browse.

I save and deploy the dashboard. Notice how there is a new item on the dashboard:

In my customization, I add the custom sheet to embed the dashboard.

I save the customization and all that and to test, I bring up an order number. Since I have the dashboard OrderNum mapped to the dataview OrderNum, it selects the order num from the BAQ based on the dataview in the customization.

1 Like

Thanks,

So if I understand correctly, When you setup the filter, you write directly “Dashboard Browse” as a value and the other window pop’s up?

Well this does not happen for me… ;( no extra pop up…
I am on 10.0.700.2 version of Epicor.

Maybe it is not part of my version? or a missing setting somewhere?

If you dropdown the list of possible values, do you have Dashboard Browse listed? I don’t…

Pierre

I did just type it; it wasn’t an option to choose.
Try it with a brand new dashboard. The documentation was from a E9 topic, so I can’t imagine it’s version specific.

try filtering the grid and the query. One will give you the option, the other won’t.

Well I tried both ways…none works…

I redid a test DB with a dummy BAQ and it did not happen…

Question: Do I need to add in my BAQ say field = Parameter ? (so far did not do that… )

tks

No you don’t need to parameter-ize your query.

Try a different field, if you can. Say OrderDtl.OrderNum

As far as I can tell…
Dashboard Browse is not available for some tables.
e.g. UD tables, or others using Key1, Key2, Key3, etc…
( Schema Type = “System” in the data dictionary)?

1 Like

So if your BAQ/Dashboard uses a UD table and you cannot select Dashboard Browse is there any way to make an embedded dashboard that subscribes to the customization UI in these cases?

1 Like

Looking for the answer to the same question. It seems like every option to get an updateable grid into a customization has some missing info to get me all the way through it.

Had the same issue. I created an embedded dashboard on order entry and I wanted my dashboard to subscribe to OrderDtl.ProjectID.

The problem was that my BAQ return data from UD101, so impossible to prompt Dashboard Browse for UD Table.

I ended up simply adding Project table to my BAQ and using Project.ProjectID for the subscribing.