Duplicate a user

Would be nice.

@jgiese.wci show him :slight_smile:

You can create a new user with an existing user as the template to copy over all of the actual user account configurations via the Epicor Admin Console. It doesn’t create all of the other stuff though (workforce, employee, etc.)

Ahhh. Would never have thought of that.

Do you get groups, companies and plants, though? I can just test it if you don’t know off the top of your head.

Side note. We are on prem, so that’s fine. I imagine some cloud users cannot get to the EAC, though.

Yes I believe it carries over everything from the user account (security groups, config, company, plant). To duplicate a user use the Active Directory Import process ( don’t know what the External users process is)

But basically you’ll pick a “template” user, select your to-be-imported AD user by entering the AD name and click Add, and click finish.
You’ll want to make sure to either enable the user direct from here with the enable option or do it in user account security

1 Like

That’s really interesting. Thank you.

10.2.600+ with REST enabled on the client side plus Efx = awesome

Use their ideas page to suggest this as OEM though :slight_smile:

1 Like

We don’t use AD with our install of Epicor because of shop floor employees, it creates complexity. That being said if you use domain or osuserid fields at all the MMC copy paste in admin console does not pass validation. Epicor’s native copy does not clear the domain or osuserid fields in the copy and their BO requires it to be unique. Rock and hard place. Have not reported it to support.

@Aaron_Moreng Just tried the AD route and that works really well.

@jgiese.wci You all and your Epicor functions. Very nice.

But, we are SSO and I did the AD copy and it did the math on the OSUserID just fine, so I don’t understand your issue (or they fixed it?).

To wit,

1. AD import wizard in EAC
  2. Template user was Jimmy James (not really; just go with it)
  3. New user is Marky Mark
  4. Jimmy’s OSUserID was JJames
  5. Marky is MMark in AD. Epicor user MMark was created with OSUserID of MMark (but all the same other settings as JJames. (i.e. exactly what I wanted)

And @hkeric.wci you had me in suspense for a day.

Whaaaat?! I found it because you mentioned it, but I had never heard of this ideas page. Not really. Someone in support told me a few weeks ago there was something coming soon (like invite-only at first). Anyway, I logged in. Looks like it’s pretty new still. I recognize a few names in there. @Rick_Bird, @Doug.C

And I guess I missed this post:

And you know, as much as I do like to complain, I have to say, the EAC/AD method of copying a user is pretty sweet. I’ve lost the motivation to suggest it be added to the application. Like I say, maybe a cloud user would have more of a dog in the fight.

I will use the ideas page in the future though.

We’re on 10.2.600.3 it’s an issue if you aren’t using SSO to copy users and using Admin Console to copy users. Like I said we can’t use SSO because of shop floor employees. BPM Form password fields don’t support SSO and only use the Epicor password and we use those for approvals on the floor so we can’t use AD Auth. If we did they would have to know their AD password and the almost never used at that point Epicor password and we in IT would have to keep those in sync shudder

1 Like

OK, Sorry, I thought you were saying the opposite.