Editor Woes: Left-to-Right and Right-to-Left

This has been discussed before, and I am trying to figure out if I am just S-O-L, or if there is an actual fix for this. Hitting CTRL and SHIFT (either CTRL button combined with either SHIFT button) changes the IME to switch back and forth from RTL and LTR reading. I have disabled the key combo in Windows, however it did not seem to have any affect in the Epicor Customization Editor.

As someone who constantly uses CTRL-SHIFT, this gets really annoying, really fast. Is this something that can be disabled in Epicor?

I found this and this which discuss it, but it doesn’t look like there is a solution…how does everyone else deal with this? (not being able to use CTRL-SHIFT-ARROW to select words stunts my productivity, heh)

Swear a bunch. :rofl:

3 Likes

I was really hoping that there was another response, heh.

If you want another, worse answer: “Move to the Kinetic UI and use App Studio.” :rofl:

Sorry, I’m of no help today. lol

1 Like

Preach…

I have a CAD program that CTRL+arrow L or R zooms in and out. Even when editing a text box. I’ve known this for years and it still burns me. :hot_face:

I can’t even jump from word to word via the keyboard.

@ckrusen - What gets me is that I type fast, and when I need to highlight text (which I find fastest with the keyboard), I will hold CTRL-SHIFT and hit that left arrow 15 times extremely quick to highlight the whole row of text…then I realize my mistake and have to wait for what seems like forever while it finishes alternating back and forth.

interested in this because our issue is that by deployment over terminal services / RDS we almost all desktop interaction with the client. Even copy, cut, and paste require the mouse.

So maybe you could deploy a client just for admin stuff over RDS?

You can pull your customizations into Visual Studio using the add in that @josecgomez wrote. While moving stuff around takes a little bit longer, it’s a lot easier writing code in visual studio that in the crappy editor that Epicor gives you.

@Banderson - I do that with longer/complex customizations, but for a quick 5 lines it is easier to just use the built in crappy :poop: editor.

Well, then @jhecker I’m back to this solution. lol

2 Likes

@Banderson - Good thing I have perfected that :rofl: