Epicor BPM & Functions Design Feedback

That would certainly improve the searching ! Not perfect but at least with the Dashboards, I can sort by date and find the latest one I worked on to continue working on it the next day!

For Menu maintenance, the ability to change all same menu at once ! or at least select the ones to have the new custo!
Everytuime I change Part maintenance, it is a pain … 14 menu searches to modify by hand… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Again, I prefer the Git hash since it is a positive ID to the exact code imported where a date (well, date time since you may very well import the same file twice in a day) might not always align with the date in the import file.

1 Like

Adding a date created would help for less specific/more general searches and queries but I completely agree that a hash or similar is always required for the actual version IDs.

The ability to use a specific calendar ID to find the next (or previous) X business days. (I wander why it is not implemented yet in Epicor! ?)Just playing with week ends is not enough… We should be able to easily find the next business day including holidays…

Currently we all using our own version of special code to do that… would be nice to have it part of Epicor list of functions…

5 Likes

The ability to use a specific calendar ID to find the next (or previous) X business days. (I wander why it is not implemented yet in Epicor!)

That is simply a “Standard Function” that could/should be developed and be available for people to use. YOu are right, many of us have developed similar tools because this is lacking. I have one that I have talked about for years that needs to be converted to an Epicor Function… it was very fast but did “too much” for a basic function. Maybe someday I will have a few hours free to create a function. In my version, you could provide a calendar ID, and then the number of days after (positive number) or days before (Negative number) and it returned the working date for that date using the Calendar as the basis for calculation. it had all sorts of additional rules like “What if “today” is a holiday or weekend”, etc…

2 Likes

Though not ‘functions related’, I agree- update the customization ‘active form’ in All menu locations would be great.

I agree, there had got to be a way for customers to maintain their holiday schedule.

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to call a function in code from a BPM

In BPM, using the AutoPrint widget (which I discovered recently !) you can setup to use email.
Well, it would be much appreciated if we could have the same email interface as the email widget where we can add variables from the context menus so it can be better configured !!
Pierre

You mean like across multiple calendars?

Maybe that’s not what you mean, but it’s something I think of. I make liberal use of calendars (one for production, one for suppliers, three for cycle counts, one for sales). But our holidays are the same company-wide.

It would be nice to have the option to layer the calendars, IMHO.

1 Like

Yes- I haven’t personally done much with ‘calendars’ but that sounds like the correct place to
have the data required associated to.

That’s a perfect use case for json.
Epicor has libraries available in the assemblies to handle that.

I’ve worked around the absence of a dedicated “notes” widget by adding an unconnected code widget containing only a block comment.

Not exactly BPM or Functions, but I recently joined a company using Kinetic and sorely miss the ability to run ad hoc queries to answer business questions or develop SSRS reports. We can write BAQs or upload RDLs, but it would shorten the change/test cycle if there were a facility for running SQL directly.

Something like what Epic Games do with comments in Unreal Engine blueprints would work really well.

@timshuwy - Could you get Epicor to have you create this for the BPM Cookbook as a functions example? I’d love to have this!!! I would bet every Epicor customer would use this.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Better Design for business objects

A post was split to a new topic: Add Misc Charges to Cust Shipment

It would be nice to be able to see the using statements in a Function without having to demote it and click edit. Maybe as another tab right next to Overview, Signature, Notes?

Since Epicor already drops the code you write into the body of a generated function in a generated class that you never see, it should be pretty simple to parse out any using statements you write inline and put them where they belong.