EpiUltraGrid not saving changes to Collection layout

I have created an EpiUltraGrid to show data from a BAQ. Right now it shows too many decimal places and I have tried may times to set it to the proper format. My issue is that I go into customization mode and set the format in the Collections and save the customization but when I go back into the form the layout is reverted and when I go back into the customization my changes have not been saved. I have also tried hiding fields, making them read-only, etc but not matter what I change the customization are never saved.

I’m sure this is a stupid question, but what do I need to do to get the grid/customization to save my changes? BTW - this form is a customization of a UD table form.

Grid formatting can be a little fickle. When you said you change the format in the customization, are you saying that you went into the properties of the grid and set the mask, then saved?
Two things to try, the first is to remove any personalization layers you have on the form. That could potentially overwrite the customization formatting.

Second, hooking into the “InitializeLayout” event of the grid might provide a nice way to set the format via code. I assume you know how to do this, but here is an example of setting the format specific to decimal places

///**Grid Layouts**///
	private void grdBone_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs args)
	{
		// ** Place Event Handling Code Here **
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[3].Format = "###,###,##0.0";
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[4].Format = "###,###,##0.0";
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[5].Format = "###,###,##0.0";
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[6].Format = "###,###,##0.0";
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[7].Format = "###,###,##0.0";
			args.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[8].Format = "###,###,##0";
			//grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[3].Header.Caption = "Length";			
			//grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[4].Header.Caption = "Width";
			//grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[5].Header.Caption = "Block Length";
			//grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[6].Header.Caption = "Block Width";
		    //grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[7].Header.Caption = "Total Length";		
			//grdBone.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[8].Header.Caption = "Age";
	}

Thanks for the quick response. First, there are no personalizations on this form. It doesn’t save them either. Not sure why. I can save personalizations on other forms.

Second, I tried to set the event for the grid using the Event Wizard but it does not “see” my grid control. I pick EpiUltraGid in the control type filter but nothing shows in the custom control list. If I look at the properties of the grid it says it is an EpiUltraGrid.

l guess I could manually add the grid event but I would prefer to do it with the wizard to make sure I am setting everything up right.

Hmm. If it’s not “seeing” your grid, that’s a little weird. You added the grid manually, yes? I might try starting over; add a new grid and bind it your data view and see if you can work with it from there. It’s not difficult to manually code the event hook but I get what you’re saying

I thought I had tried that in the past. I added a new grid then substituted the GUID in my code that hooks it up to the BAQ. I still can’t get the grid to save the changes.

I’ve had luck on screens with UD tables by going into the Extended Properties for the UD table and changing the format there:

Might give that a try, assuming that UD table is only used for one type of data.

I tried changing the Extended properties as shown but then I got errors that I had to kill Epicor to get out of. Perhaps because there is data already in there?
Anyway, I still could use some advice on this.