Error- End of Central Directory record could not be found

ERP11.2.100.9

I was recently made aware of the functionality to edit reports utilizing the “SSRS Report Design” in Epicor via Knowledge Article EpicCare Login - EpicCare.

I followed the instructions -

1. set user to edit SSRS reports.
  2. Opened Invoice Tracker - an available Invoice
  3. Chose Print
  4. Chose my custom made Report Style
  5. In the "Print Invoice screen, I select “Generate For Design”
  6. In System Monitor I select the record and “Design SSRS Report”
  7. I save a copy of the report definition to a Desktop folder
  8. The ARForm report opens in Report Builder
  9. The first step is to alter the footer area to match my E10 report

That save and executes just fine.

It is a combination of textboxes and jpeg graphics.

Works exactly as I expected.

Next I go to work on the Header.

I clear out the company address to make way for my logo.

That executes fine, too.

Then, I Insert Image of the same jpeg I’ve been using in ARForm for years in to the Header area and I get an error:

I don’t know what this means or how to fix it.

Error- End of Central Directory record could not be found.

Please help!

Ben

System Information

==================

AppServer Connection: https://DSEPICORAPP11.XXXXXXXXXXl/Kinetic2022_1
Form Name: SSRS Report Design
Customization Name:
Menu ID: XAPR1009
Software Version: 4.2.100.0

============

Server Side Exception

End of Central Directory record could not be found.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

============

Description: End of Central Directory record could not be found.

##!Correlation ID:##! c7ac892a-c501-4d21-a36f-828676135a75

Client Stack Trace

==================
at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer) at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
at Ice.Proxy.BO.SsrsReportDesignImpl.UploadAndRenderDesign(Guid sysRowID, Byte[] compressedReportDefinitions, String outputFormat)
at Ice.Adapters.SsrsReportDesignAdapter.UploadAndRenderDesign(Guid sysRowID, Byte[] compressedReportDefinitions, String outputFormat)
at Ice.UI.App.SsrsReportDesign.Transaction.UploadAndRender()
at Ice.UI.App.SsrsReportDesign.ReportDesignForm.BaseToolbarsManager_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolClickEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I get the exact same message. I do not have to do anything. Just do the download and then preview.

Error message.

DaveO

This has something to do with JPG’s. When I delete just the corporate logo jpg it previews fine. If i try to put it back in it errors out.

I tried saving the jpg as a PNG - no luck still get the error.

Note: If i leave the JPGs in the report and manually upload it and run it - it prints fine. It looks like a something to do with preview function in ssrs designer?
DaveO

1 Like

Yes, I confirm the same sequence of events.
When I added the image file, all my trouble starts.

But, yes, the definition runs after saving it with the image file.
Just no preview.

Makes editing the report not fun!
Ben

I have done a little more testing on this issue. I found that by reducing the size of a couple of my images i could get the report to show without error.

At First i thought this was related to one Logo that i had imported because if i deleted the image the report worked. I tried multiple types i.e. BMP, PNG, JPG all with varying settings for quality.

in the end i reduced all my images (mostly signatures) to 96DPI as JPGs saved for Compression size with made them all about half their size and I now have all my images and they work.

I tried searching Report Builder Image Size Limt - however, it did not help - but this sure feels like some kind of size limit for images.

Maybe you could try the same? (or already have :slight_smile: )

DaveO

1 Like

Dave,

Did you look at the images section of your RDL?

Is there more than one embedded image?

I noticed that if you re-import or delete the image from your report canvas, the image file still stays there and takes up space.

1 Like

Yes - I tried manually moving an image from last to first - still would not preview. My report has about 10 images 2 logos and 8 signatures

I see!

I came across this same error message today and can confirm that removing any images shown under Report Data → Images that were no longer in use did indeed fix the issue.

Thanks @utaylor

2 Likes