File Systems when running in the Cloud

I’m working with a client installation to move from on-premise to the Epicor cloud, doing an upgrade to K21 in the process from E10.2. The upgrade itself is not much of an issue, but I’m having an issue with files that are being produced and written out to our file systems. For example, we’ve got custom bar code processes that dump files to Bartender, processes that dump job data to integrate with production machines, and processes that dump shipment/invoice information out for a customer (essentially, EDI).

Currently in E10 On Prem, most of these are being handled by opening a text output file and specifying the file name including the path: \OURFILESYSTEM\folder\filename.ext. Obviously, in the cloud, the file system \OURFILESYSTEM is not found, and generates an error.

I’m working with Tech Support on getting this set up, but I don’t seem to be getting very far yet. Not sure if I simply don’t have the right people in the conversation or if I’m not explaining the issue very well.

I assume others are doing something. How did you accomplish this?

Thanks.

Kevin Simon

10.2.600 & AR Invoice Form - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Mark,

That looks like it will do the trick. I searched the forum before posting, must not have used the right search terms.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll test it out and mark solved if it works.

Kevin

1 Like