Finding the Origin of an Event in EventViewer

How would i go about diagnosing where this error in the Event Viewer is coming from? Is there something i’m not reading that would give it away? I see the Dynamic Query BO but from my experience that is usually used in customizations. I would be surprised to find out a customization erroring twice a second.

Its not happening in our other test environment. is the only way to start comparing BPMs/Customizations and disabling each until i find the root cause?

Server Side Error
Server Side Exception
EpicorServerException
Correlation ID: 92049f1e-7bb5-4f88-8f5a-d58b944f06c8
Description: Can’t find query definition in passed dataset
Program: Ice.Services.BO.DynamicQuery.dll
Method: CheckQueryDefinitionAndAccess
Line Number: 796
Column Number: 17
Original Exception Type: InvalidOperationException
Server Trace Stack: at Ice.Services.BO.DynamicQuerySvc.CheckQueryDefinitionAndAccess(DynamicQueryTableset queryDefinition) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL10.2.500.0FW\Source\Server\Services\BO\DynamicQuery\DynamicQuery.Impl.cs:line 796
at Ice.Services.BO.DynamicQuerySvc.Execute(DynamicQueryTableset queryDS, QueryExecutionTableset executionParams) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL10.2.500.0FW\Source\Server\Services\BO\DynamicQuery\DynamicQuery.cs:line 107
at Ice.Services.BO.DynamicQuerySvcFacade.Execute(DynamicQueryTableset queryDS, QueryExecutionTableset executionParams) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL10.2.500.0FW\Source\Server\Services\BO\DynamicQuery\DynamicQuerySvcFacade.cs:line 162
at SyncInvokeExecute(Object , Object , Object )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object inputs, Object& outputs)
at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.InnerInvoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.500.18\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 59 at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.500.18\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 28

Dynamic Query is another name for BAQ.

You could open System Monitor and select to show all (Actions menu I think). Then see if there was anything with a matching date & time.

My guess would it is a bad BAQ used on a customization (or possibly in a BPM)

@cfinley I do a lot of logging of the start and exit of my bpms. These show in the serverlog and event viewer. Some like @Chris_Conn would maybe say it is excessive. there is a better way to do tracing that you can turn off and on as needed, but i have not had the time to get it setup.

If you are using the server log and have bpms checked then the bpm would be listed just before the error.

Wouldn’t the BPM logging require my client to be initiating the BPM? I tried turning that on, but didn’t seem to pick anything up erroneous.

The BPM logging is something that im reviewing with my colleagues. For situations like this it would have been very helpful. Heck even a simple try catch around everything with a event viewer entry of the customization/bpm name

@cfinley I am talking about the setting on the appserver(s) that is here. In your inetpub\wwwroot\AppServerName\Server folder will create a series of ServerLog.txt files.

EDIT:
Also has client and server and user info.

I am about to give this a try. Will report back. Thank you

Yeah but you if you can find it in your millions of event viewer records, your event is most definitely there at any step in your process :stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly it’s very helpful to be too verbose as opposed to not enough - at least during debug.

1 Like