Former Employees

Is there any way to hide former employees from being shown in various parts of Epicor? IE: Menu Maintenance. We have 747 Inactive/Terminated Employees (compared to the 170 active ones) which makes going through the list quite time consuming. Or am I just going to have to live with it?

Try custom searches for those search dialog boxes. A simple ā€˜activeā€™ only employee listing could be applied in a number of places. Still a few extra click when searching, but it will hide all those other inactive folks from the list.

2 Likes

What @MikeGross said. Also, we add a lower case ā€œzā€ in front of the name so they sort to the bottom.

2 Likes

Alternate that I use for a lot of different areas of Epicor where we want to weed things out (ex. parts, resources, employees, buyers, sales reps etc)

1. Add UDField to EmpBasic ā€œRemove_cā€
  2. Create pre-proc on EmpBasic.GetList and EmpBasic.GetListForTE modifying the whereClause. I usually have managers security groups that these filters donā€™t apply to so they can still access what are effectively archive records.
if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(whereClause))
{
    whereClause = "(Remove_c = 0)";
}
else
{
    whereClause = "(Remove_c = 0) " + ((whereClause.StartsWith(" BY")) ? whereClause : "AND " + whereClause);
}
  1. Profit

P.S. @Epicor transaction records have to remain in the system, but a built in means of garbage collection for searches, a soft remove you might say, would be a plus :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Dropdown boxes have a property called ā€œEpiFiltersā€ which allows you to add filters to the control. For example, Iā€™ve got a filter on all bank account dropdowns thatā€™s simply ā€œClosed=Falseā€ so that closed accounts donā€™t show up anymore. A box bound to emp data could be filtered by ā€˜EmpStatus=ā€œAā€ā€™ or there about.

Listboxes, like the ones in Menu Maintenance donā€™t seem to have this property. So youā€™d be looking at removing all the stock controls and replacing them with custom ones. Downside: itā€™s a customization. Upside: you donā€™t have to have people corrupt the names merely to shove them to the bottom of a list.

3 Likes

Good one @jgiese.wci - never thought of doing it that way.

And @jtownsend - yep that would work for any fields on forms for sure. Have you seen what Epicor is doing with BAQs for CRM and Infoworker? everything starts with a ā€˜zā€™ā€¦ :slight_smile: Even Epicor is guilty of this inside the system.

There are so many places that items become inactiveā€¦Without a way to tell ALL of the DDLB/LB/Search forms to ignore inactive items (even just a checkbox on the form) folks need a way to change the list. This to me, like @jgiese.wci eluded to, is a shortcoming of the core system and Epicor should address it properly. If we can make a thing inactive, then we should be able to filter it from the list without custom code. It should be something like a config option, but definitely userā€™s choiceā€¦ Then all of our workarounds would be unnecessary.

Who wants to add it to the ā€˜featuresā€™ thread?

Or, as @jgiese.wci said, you can do the same thing in GetList and have it happen to all dropdowns automatically.

2 Likes
1 Like