Function and Function Library become read-only?

We are new to BPM Functions, I developed a few within a library. saved it all in a ‘solution’.
We needed a refresh, so in comes the refreshed environ and data.

I bring in the solution that holds the ‘func library’, however that Library is completely read-only- I cannot even get into th workflow in order to recreate them:
The only thing available from the ‘Actions’ menu is ‘Import’.

Is your user security groups set up correctly?

1 Like

I think you have to demote it before you can edit/view it.

1 Like

Yes I am a member of each ‘function security group’

Cannot demote it, only thing available form the Actions menu is ‘Import’:

Do you have to change the owner?

Brandon:

That is also disabled, and it shows ‘no owner’:

I am told that , when installed from a ‘solution’ (CAB file) , that this the way it is , and it is working as expected. I’m guessing that the lesson is: use Export/Import, don’t drop these into a solution.

I just find it hard to believe that we can’t even recreate the code unless from scratch-the workflow is unavailable.

That is so absurd… there’s no way that can be right… @Edge??? @Dmitry_Kashulin
What if you lose the original…

CC: @Olga

I agree Jose, granted I am new to Functions, and maybe I’m not asking the right questions.

If I recall correctly this is behaving as intended. I’m digging deep from some really old conversations but… If imported/Exported the expectation is that you own that library and you maintain that library. If it were provided as a solution then the assumption is that it was perhaps purchased or provided from a vendor and is therefore IP and should not be modified, bastardized, or resold in any way.

1 Like

Looks like I need to put in a ticket, I was not aware of this- I did not ‘export’ the library, I used a solution.
I’ll bet as time goes on I won’t be the only user in this pickle.

There has got to be a way for me to access my code , I’ll see what tech Support can do.

For this time why not restore the DB to before the refresh temporarily, grab the code, and then go clean again? I wouldn’t bet on that support can get you your code back.

1 Like

Thanks Josh,
Great idea, I’ll see what’s what…

1 Like

idk, @SAD knows better

Feeling pretty strong about this idea:

“Logs and source code should not be stored in the database.”

I don’t know how many times people get burned by this.

2 Likes

@fuji36 this works in an emergency if you have no other way to get your code…At ALL , ALL OPTIONS Have been exhausted, the world is on fire, and the fate of humanity depends on this code… IF AND ONLY If the Above is True.

DISCLAIMER
DO NOT RUN THIS IN YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT… SERIOUSLY…

UPDATE ecf.efxlibrary
SET    mode = 0,
       ownedbycompany = 'EPIC03',
       owner = 'epicor',
       package = NULL,
       packageversion = NULL,
       publisher = NULL,
       published = 0
WHERE  libraryid = 'TEST2' 

Update your information as appropriate.

Then you go in there you copy paste your code / save it. Then you delete the library and start over. Don’t use this hacked one just use this to get your code out.

ME, MYSELF, I , OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD OR FORUM ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR SHIZ!

5 Likes

Direct SQL gasp! For shame @josecgomez for… shame…

1 Like

I am currently paralyzed with fear! Thanks Jose, I will discuss w/ my partner who handle all things DB/SQL.

2 Likes

Success- thanks again Jose - there were a couple of other columns to ‘tweak’ in order to free up the functions ‘design’ button: ‘Published’, ‘Private’ both false