Epicor Function Library is locked after refresh & restore via Solution Workbench

I need to resurrect an older topic: Function and Function Library become read-only?
Does anyone know if there has been a fix for restoring a solution and losing all access to your libraries?

We’re on 2023.2.3 (SaaS) and just refreshed our Third (Test) environment - making sure to save our libraries via Solution workbench. Needless to say I’m a little concerned to find out out that it doesn’t work too well (according to the post above).

Whether this issue has been fixed or not, is anyone aware of a workaround? Surely there must be a way to regain access to our libraries, yes? no?

When you export it from a Solution you need to selected Editable as the the option otherwise it locks you out.

The only way to get access if you don’t have it in the original place is to do a direct DB Update to some fields but as SaaS… you are a bit unlucky you could probably get around it with a fancy UBAQ

See this reply

Unfortunately, the schema for ecf.efxlibrary is not available via the Db context.

Your best bet is to put in a ticket and ask Epicor to fix it for you.

Thanks Gents, Epicor apparently has to run a script against our Saas instance in order to (hopefully) fix this.

As I mentioned to support, I was under the impression this was addressed. As @josecgomez rightly says, the “Editable” selection (when creating the solution) is supposed to address this. Unfortunately, it did not work for us. I intend to ask if the editable selection is indeed buggy.

I just got bit by this and had to have support run a script to unlock it. Not ideal…

According to support, this MAY still be a real issue.
Once this is resolved, i plan to do some testing. Its entirely possible i did something wrong, I just can’t figure out what it might be. There are a few options to play with, so i may find a way to either repeat this problem (which support would appreciate), or find a checkbox somewhere i forgot to check. I’ll update this thread with whatever I find.

Or you could do like the rest of us and not use solution workbench for function libraries.

2 Likes

I hear you, Kevin. Unfortunately, while it doesn’t help me at this after-the-fact moment, it’s certainly something to keep in mind going forward. Sadly, I usually chat with you, my learned epi-colleagues, only after something has already gone kerplewy!

1 Like

I use solution workbench, and it hasn’t been an issue for me … yet. I’m also on-prem, so there’s that.

I do wish it would default to Editable…

Moral of the story, never migrate functions via solution workbench

I have to say, there’s “common knowledge” among the experts here, and I’m so glad you’re all willing to help (really, THANKS!!). But for the “trusting masses”, when Epicor announces a new functionality that seems to work, we tend to plan accordingly. Naturally, trust but verify applies, but some things just aren’t apparent until you’ve stepped in it. Okay, vent session done.

But, okay… Uncle!

I accept that you cannot (or shouldn’t) use Solution Workbench to move Functions between environments.
@josecgomez , can you just make this topic disappear?

Haha I could but it’s good info for everyone else and it sounds like this is a new bug.
I’ll see if I can replicate it and will report too this should work!

2 Likes

Oh we’re not ribbing you. You didn’t know and probably most people didn’t.

Sorry if I sounded brash.

1 Like