Hello from Epicor, Insights 2020!

So I had this great idea where any folks new to presenting could be mentored by some of the leaders on E10Help to get them accustom to the process. Coach them through it and co-present with them.

Actually it was @Banderson idea but I know he’s doing a literal LOL right now to this inside joke so that makes it all worth it.

5 Likes

Words!

1 Like

@hmwillett - you were great at the RUG cup. Keep it up. Congrats on winning this year.

5 Likes

I would love to present or co-present:

• Epicor BarTender In More Depth; Most Customers have only scratched the surface. How do you handle Printing Labels that didn’t print properly (without repeating the transaction), VBScript Validation, Reading Database Data in BarTender, Creating Re-Print Forms, Creating your own Customization to Print a Non-AutoPrint capable table, Serialization, Duplicates, How to Scale your Commander to handle high volume (now called Integrations), PCID, AIAG Standards (How to Program your Handheld to eat prefixes) etc…
  • Epicor ATE (Automating your Tests, Making Upgrades Easier)

Atleast those are 2 Idea’s of Sessions that I haven’t seen at Epicor yet, would be nice to have; wether I get to present (I need first to check that I am going) or wether someone else does it. Nontheless good topics.

Example:
Check a VIN’s Check Digit by writing Custom VBScript Validator
2019-04-24_1106

4 Likes

I’ve wanted to see a presentation on how that works. Right now, I just know it exists. I have no idea how it works.

4 Likes

From my look at ATE, it can automate C# and specifically Epicor programs like ERP and iScala quite well. It’s good for integration testing. I wonder how we will test Kinetic pages in the future? Selenium?

Mark W.

3 Likes

@ecain, Thank you again for the opportunity to present this year and thank you for reaching out to the community for input. I would be happy to present on Print Routing again, we seem to have had a good turn out for the sessions.

If you have a far amount of new users, sometimes they need a push in right direction and include best practices with tools. Working in test, using solution workbench to migrate solutions. getting started with tools in the real world… Perhaps we can design a few sessions which can go deeper than the labs and demonstrate some real world scenarios without losing the new user audience.

We can also help newer users to understand and document business requirements. This is a fundamental skill which sometimes needs to be developed.

Looking forward to seeing what this group puts together for next year.

2 Likes

Oh YES - there should be a class on that! Or even a four hour Extended Ed just on that. BPR, Gap Analysis, Scope and Needs lists. It’s totally not on Epicor to provide this, but I would think CSG (and us here) could certainly put on one heck of a class. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the Kinetic front, we are using https://www.protractortest.org internally for the most part on the client and https://www.getpostman.com/ for the server API calls.

Mileage may vary based on the team consuming but those are the tools lifting the majority of the effort.

2 Likes

Beth, we are now starting to slot in customer speakers. Please go to http://insights.epicor.com and scroll to the bottom where you can enter your info, session title and description. You will get 50% off your registration once we have officially entered your session into the Agenda.

Thanks!
~Elizabeth

Hi Everyone,

We are now starting to slot in customer speaker submissions into our Insights Agenda. I am specifically looking for Tools & Technology topics. Please go to http://insights.epicor.com, scroll to the bottom where you will see the speaker submission “Learn More” button. Jose has already submitted, like, four topics and the rest of you need to catch up! Act now to secure a spot! 50% off your registration!

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!
~Elizabeth Cain, Epicor Product Marketing

2 Likes

Awesome.

@josecgomez has nothing but time on his hands :smiley:

I’ll be at Insights 2020 too.

2 Likes

The answer is any Angular testing framework - Jasmine for example.

1 Like

@ecain posted a banner on the site with this info. Maybe we can get more folks motivated!

2 Likes

@Mark_Wonsil

I know Epicor is using Protractor - end-to-end testing for AngularJS for Kinetic Forms and is heading currently towards that direction

Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for Angular and AngularJS applications. Protractor runs tests against your application running in a real browser, interacting with it as a user would.

2 Likes

@hkeric.wci Wonderful! I noticed you posted some possible speaking topics some months earlier on this post. If you go to http://insights.epicor.com and scroll to the bottom you will find where you can submit your topic proposals. I would put them in for you, but I believe with the way our system is set up they need to come from you. Thanks!

@hkeric.wci du gehst? wunderbar! @josecgomez kann Ihre sitzung ubersetzen :rofl:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Insights 2020 Topic Suggestions for Epicor Lead Sessions

I just submitted my idea for the showing off the command line tools.

4 Likes

I could do some on BAQ/BPM or customized Forms with child UD tables as we’ve had projects this year that dealt with this I could use as examples.

3 Likes