Hello from Epicor, Insights 2020!

Thank you Randy! If you haven’t already, please be sure to visit insights.epicor.com, scroll to the bottom and submit your topic title and description.

2 Likes

I just had an epiphany…After growing up with Epicor since before the turn of the century (Gees I love saying that!). One of the biggest struggles I have had to manage is establishing a set of patterns and practices that works for you and your environment.

For example naming conventions for your BAQs, Dashboards, UD menus etc. Coding standards, keeping all that organised and helping create repeatable process for the day to day. Larger teams would have this nailed, but for the one man band, or Accidental Administrator, constantly under pressure to provide results, it can be a slippery slope if you don’t establish something that works and quickly, not to mention it helps establish standards for visiting consultants/contractors to follow, improving their productivity, and saving you money at the same time.

So I guess my point here is a Topic that covers basic Patterns and Practices using the Epicor framework, the things that do work, but most of all the things that don’t, why, and how to avoid the mistakes people have made before. I’m sure you would agree it’s could become a pretty subjective topic, but it’s one of those things that aren’t established early on in the process, it can be hard to fully recover from.
In actual fact, I’m wondering if this is something that Epicor Consulting/Implementation should include as part of the signature methodology, at least as a set of guidelines to point people in the right direction.

7 Likes

@ecain and @josecgomez thanks for pushing me to submit! Jose made a great recommendation… Let’s cover the Rule Engine which is often underutilized, yet it’s a key component to Kinetic and Epicor.

Excited and Nervous of course. Need some volunteers @ERPSysAdmin to ask pre-scripted questions :smiley: lol

10 Likes

Congratulations @hkeric.wci! :clap: This looks like a great session!
SURE! Would be happy to! Just send me the list! :raised_hand::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Congrats, just slip me the questions you need.

1 Like

Anything you need just ask.

You will be great!! @hkeric.wci Give me some questions I am happy to help.

@hkeric.wci I will be glad to support you as well.

I agree with that abstract totally!

YES! Good thought Mark!

Darn it…I really want to see that one…