Inactive Parts and MoMs

Wow! Miguel, Bruce and Greg – thanks for the quick responses!  -Ree

Good morning, groupmind! Is there any way to set up Engineering Workbench (or anything else?) so it is impossible to enter an inactive part into a MoM?  Thanks everso!  -Ree

#ygrps-yiv-366955507 .ygrps-yiv-366955507style1 {font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Simple BPM when Part.Inactive = True, Error Message.

BO EngWorkBench.ChangeECOMtlMtlPartNum

Here is some code for us on Entering a Mtl PN, it checks our checkbox and gives an warning.  You can modify it and use

DEFINE VARIABLE body AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO INIT "".

FIND FIRST ttECOMtl WHERE ttECOMtl.RowMod <> "" NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

IF AVAIL ttECOMtl THEN DO:

FIND FIRST Part WHERE Part.Company = ttECOMtl.Company

AND Part.PartNum = ttECOMtl.MtlPartNum

AND Part.CheckBox05 = true NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

IF AVAIL Part THEN DO:

body = "Material " + ttECOMtl.MtlPartNum + " has a Quality Alert.".

{lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = body

&InfoSeverity  = {&MESSAGE_WARN}

&BOName        = "'EngWorkBench'"

&BOMethod      = "'ChnageECOMtlMtlPartNum'"

&UserIdent     = DCD-USERID

&Company       = CUR-COMP

&Plant         = CUR-PLANT

&DisplayMode   = {&MESSAGE_DISP_ALONE}}

END.

END.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2016 7:30 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Inactive Parts and MoMs

Good morning, groupmind! Is there any way to set up Engineering Workbench (or anything else?) so it is impossible to enter an inactive part into a MoM?  Thanks everso!  -Ree

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

I'm guessing you could do something with BPM(s) but I haven't tried to build one myself.

Instead I've added a few things to make it easier to see exceptions in methods before checking a revision in (or before MRP is run)
- Custom reports/dashboards that list some types of exceptions
- or form customization to display common issue fields - i.e. Part table FKV to display InActive.state

This how I do that. Preprocessing BPM on EngWorkBench.Update.

/* check if part is active */

message " in EngWB Update".

For Each ttECOMtl,

Each Part where Part.Company = ttECOMtl.Company and ttECOMtl.MtlPartNum = Part.PartNum.

message " in loop " + Part.PartNum .

If Part.InActive = false Then Next.

message " after ecomtl part is active " + part.PartNum.

define variable Msg as character init ''.

Msg = "Part " + ttECOMtl.MtlPartNum + " is InActive ".

{lib/PublishEx.i &ExMsg = Msg &ExType = {&MESSAGE_ERR}}.

End.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2016 10:30 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Inactive Parts and MoMs

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."