Inventory WIP part description

Trying to add the part description to the report. It shows in the Recon fields, but is blank no matter what I try or where I try to put it.

Anyone successfully get the part description for each line on the report?

Your Report Data Definition may not be correctly joined. Do you have access to SQL and can see if the Part table is being populated?

It shows as part of the standard report dataset, but you are correct looking at the report database the field is blank there also only some are populated.

Check the join types you added in RDD. The wording is odd. One of them (“definition” I think) is for inner joins, and the other (Its name escapes me) is for outer joins.

And not every “part” in the WIP/Recon report is also in the Part table. Items like Make To Order, Buy to Order and Buy to Job may not have entries in the part table

I found that running in sort order of Part/Account populates the description in the dataset, but not the default sort.

The sort method is often implemented in the report by having multiple tablix, one for each sort method. The sort method is passed as a parameter and used to hide the non-relevant tablixes (or is it tablii? )
So make sure you add the part desc field to each tablix.