My mother-in-law is still new to smartphones. She had a cheap Android for 3 years and now she has an iPhone (as do I).
Some rambling thoughts:
- I think she literally had over 1,000 tabs open in Google Chrome. She had never closed one in 3 years
- Happened to notice a setting in iPhone for “automatically close Safari tabs after 1 week.” Win!
- Then I say, “Let’s talk about notifications. Do you like being told about every time your third cousin’s son posts on Facebook about his zits?”
- “No I hate that!” OK, let’s disable all of those…
- Also I just went ahead and blocked all in-app purchases. You can still use like DoorDash or whatever.
- And so on.
So, any other wisdom for ahem technically-challenged family using iPhones?