Is it possible to Create Memos related to PO Detail rather than PO Head

Would like to be able to create Memos specific to the PO Line rather than the PO.

You can create memos at any level. If you are at the header level and you add a memo, it will add it to the OrderHed. If you are at the line level it will add to OrderDtl, and if you are on the release, it will add the memo to the OrderRel. Actually, all the memos get stored in the same table, “Memos”. With foreign keys to link it back to the original tables.

You can verify where the memo ended up by querying the Memo table. The key thing to filter on is the RelatedToSchemaName = ERP, and RelatedToFile = the table you want to find memos linked to. In this case I used OrderDtl.

Once you run the query and return everything in the Memo table, you can see that Keys 1-3 are used to link the order number, line and release number.

Good Luck!
Nate

1 Like

EDIT: I just noticed you said PO, not Sales order! The same thing applies. Except you want the PODetail table instead of the OrderDtl table. Also I think that lines need to be open in the PO to add a memo, otherwise the memo gets added to the header level.

1 Like

Hey @NateS , Thank you for the response. Is there a way to put a memo category for PO Detail? There is one for OrderDtl and PO Header but nothing on PODetail.

Interesting! I see there are two tables involved, and only one of them can be updated.

The MemoCat table lists all of the categories and which table they are related to. You could update this table, but PODetail is and invalid RelatedToFile value.

The MemoCatRelatedToTable table lists all the possible category tables. It looks like there is no update or add new method for this table, so I guess you are out of luck. When I tried to make a UBAQ to add a new record to the table, only the MemoCat BO is available.

Perhaps someone else here can chime in about updating Ice.MemoCatRelatedToTable to include PODetail for you. Or why that’s not an option in the first place.

Sorry I couldn’t help here. Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Seems weird Epicor wouldn’t have that as an option, but we will make do. Thank you for your help!

Just an FYI…
I just ran into this same issue at a site running version E10.1.4.
PO Line → Add Memo → NOT?
Epicor support does have a datafix for this issue
OR…
if you are feeling really adventurous, KnowledgeBase KB0047882 describes how to manually add a row for the PODetail table to the ZdataTable via SQL.