Job entry - Increase Quantity on already issued job

You should probably build a BPM then. I would build one that triggers on quantity changes where the issued complete checkbox is set on the BOM. If it does, display a message box and ask for permission to reset the “issued complete.” Then use a second BPM to (conditional on acceptance of the first one) to cycle through the job materials and reset the flag for them (make sure to skip any “fixed quantity” materials tough.

Tom Christie | Information Technology Manager | AGM Container Controls, Inc.<http://www.agmcontainer.com/> | tchristie@...<mailto:tchristie@...> | t: 520.881.2130 ext 2176

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:11 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Job entry - Increase Quantity on already issued job

Yep, the bug happens even if you reschedule. It happens even if you remove it from the schedule and reschedule.

Epicor support has it noted as below. Their recommended workaround is to personalize or customize Job Entry material tab/grid to show Issued Complete checkbox and then tell users to uncheck it if they have already issued the job and then went back to increase the quantity. Not too nice a workaround for bill of materials that is very long.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
If you have a job where all the material is issued and then you change the quantity on the job (increasing its demand), the material doesn't get changed from "issued complete". Therefore, no requirements are generated by MRP.
In order to provide maximum flexibility we need to enhance Job Entry to Optionally reopen material and operations when job demand is increased , so a new popup message should be displayed asking the user if they want to reopen the materials and operations

This SCR is still open and we do not have a target version yet.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

FYI

We upgraded two months ago from 905607b to 905702A.

I have a New issue (bug IMO) brought to my attention~

Have Job make to stock, released, materials issued to it. 

Get mrp suggestion to increase job quantity because I need more.

Unrelease the job, Increase job quantity, answer dialog "should original qty fields for job be reset with current quantities?" YES. 

Re-release job

Problem:  do NOT get uncheck on green issued checkmarks, CANNOT print pick list for new quantities that require picking, and do NOT get any timephase demand for the job materials that got qty increase.

I suspect it all has to do with the "issued complete" checkbox, per job material.  This used to get unchecked when we were on 905607b.  It stays checked all of the time now, despite requiring more materials.

I have call into epicor support requesting one-off.  If I get one I'll post it.

Nancy

When you add more to you reschedule?

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:05 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Job entry - Increase Quantity on already issued job

FYI

We upgraded two months ago from 905607b to 905702A.

I have a New issue (bug IMO) brought to my attention~

Have Job make to stock, released, materials issued to it. 

Get mrp suggestion to increase job quantity because I need more.

Unrelease the job, Increase job quantity, answer dialog "should original qty fields for job be reset with current quantities?" YES. 

Re-release job

Problem:  do NOT get uncheck on green issued checkmarks, CANNOT print pick list for new quantities that require picking, and do NOT get any timephase demand for the job materials that got qty increase.

I suspect it all has to do with the "issued complete" checkbox, per job material.  This used to get unchecked when we were on 905607b.  It stays checked all of the time now, despite requiring more materials.

I have call into epicor support requesting one-off.  If I get one I'll post it.

Nancy

Yep, the bug happens even if you reschedule.  It happens even if you remove it from the schedule and reschedule.  

Epicor support has it noted as below.  Their recommended workaround is to personalize or customize Job Entry material tab/grid to show Issued Complete checkbox and then tell users to uncheck it if they have already issued the job and then went back to increase the quantity.  Not too nice a workaround for bill of materials that is very long.

Enhancement SCR 101003 Job Entry - Optionally reopen material and operations when job demand is increased

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

If you have a job where all the material is issued and then you change the quantity on the job (increasing its demand), the material doesn't get changed from "issued complete".  Therefore, no requirements are generated by MRP.

In order to provide maximum flexibility we need to enhance Job Entry to Optionally reopen material and operations when job demand is increased , so a new popup message should be displayed asking the user if they want to reopen the materials and operations

This SCR is still open and we do not have a target version yet.