Just upgraded Sql server and SSRS from 2016 to 2017 and getting errors

preparing for kinetic upgrade from 10.2.700 so we updated Sql server to 2017 and SSRS and now i cant get standard reports to run.
Updated all the shared data sources with the connection string and user name and password. i am getting this error trying to run a book listing.

is there something else im supposed to do?

Query execution failed for dataset ‘RptLabels’. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name ‘RptLabels_5ebf5890408344e5ad03f97a4d729548’.

At a guess, make sure the SSRS report database matches in SSRS Admin and Epicor Admin Console setup/configuration. It’s been ages since I’ve had to mess with ours so I don’t remember the exact names.

all that is still connected.

Does the account running the SSRS app server apppooll have access to the SSRS folder?

where would i check that? we have a separate DB and App server.

In the Reporting Services Tab at the bottom is the ReportServer location. Likely a share on the SSRS server.

Usually here C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services\SSRS\

I have a domain service account that runs the apppool and it has Modify rights on the share.

the app pool is ran with an epicor service account and that account is also an admin on that folder in the server.

If it is not also the app server that services the clients I would redeploy it. If it is the I would redeploy as soon as I could handle the downtime.

That is one of the advantages of running a separate app server for background tasks and printing.

are you referring to redeploying SSRS via the admin console?


Definately got something pointing to the wrong location. I’m a log person myself and like to take a closer look at the SSRS logs to diagnose the problem…

I have tried to redeploy Reporting Services, but I get the following error. The file is there. After we upgraded the SQL Server which is installed on a different drive than where the new version is installed. I am guessing that the issue might be I am pointing to a folder that no longer exists.


Is the “edb02” server online?

If so, could be the SSRS service account doesn’t have permissions to access the share/file.

Check the ReportServer share on the SSRS server. It is possible it is pointed to the old location.

Well, I have some new errors. I don’t think this is a permission issue as the folder is being shared properly.

Application Server Setup Failed.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘\edb02\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.config’ is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ConfigureSsrsServer.UpdatePolicyConfigFile()
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ConfigureSsrsServer.InnerRun()
at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()