Kinetic client - disable the "Open Kinetic in Browser" option

We are currently in the process of upgrading using a phased approach. The intent is to use the Modern look with Kinetic off in the first phase. In order to do this I have been able to disable Kinetic UI and Snooze messages thanks to the information on this site. I am now at the point where if a user launches the client (On-Prem) with the Kinetic option on Login, on the Home landing page the user will be able to launch “Open Kinetic in Browser” option from the user icon. Is there a way to disable or grey out that option?

We’re currently in the process of upgrading from 10.2.300 to 11.2.300 and looking to implement the same kind of phased rollout, not sure if there’s a better way to achieve this with a setting in Epicor but here’s how I’ve implemented this with some CSS:

1. On your Epicor server navigate to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\<App Name>\Server\Apps\ERP\Home (You might have a different path depending on your setup)
  2. Create a custom.css file next to the index.html
  3. Add the following rule into custom.css
    #openInBrowser {
        display: none;
    }

4. Edit index.html and insert a <link rel="stylesheet" href="custom.css"> into the head tag

I’m relatively new to Epicor so this might not be the best approach but it works and also allows for additional custom styles to be applied such as theme colours etc.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try this out.