Kinetic home page colors never change

Has anyone ever been successful with this?

I pick different colors:

But they don’t change (there was no yellow in the choice I made):

This has been an issue for us since we went to 10.2. I have never had any luck with it.

2 Likes

It changes my classic view, but doesn’t change my kinetic view either.

Confirmed this does not work as intended for me either. I reported it via their “feedback” button but never heard back. As silly as it sounds, it’s one of the things preventing me from adopting it (Kinetic/and or active home page)

Thank you both. Good to know I am not alone.

I was thinking of putting this through Ideas. Seems like a bug to me, But I have an awful time ever convincing Support that things are bugs. As @Asz0ka pointed out, maybe they feel it is only for modern shell and not Kinetic.

To play devils advocate (and take the side of support) …

It only asks you your favorite colors. Doesn’t say anything about changing them …
:wink:

2 Likes

Yep. That it does.

You sure you don’t work in IT?

@Asz0ka, @Aaron_Moreng, @ckrusen

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ERP-I-499

2 Likes

I gave you a +1 - Even though I still use Classic Shell

Summary

1 Like

I’ve voted for it as well. It seems like a minor thing but there are users that care about appearances and get upset when they change colors but it doesn’t change colors (appears to only be changing the colors on the “Modern” shell)

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. In the business value section (not visible to others), I said something similar. It doesn’t really make you more productive per se (though I’m sure some people would argue about 5-S or something), but it makes people happy and they hate Epicor a little less that day. And that’s good for Epicor, and probably us, too.

2 Likes

But it sure is unproductive to think you changed them, see they didn’t, decide to close E10 and re-launch, see they’re still not changed, check the settings to see if they were saved, ask a co-worker if they’ve changed the colors, try closing and re-launching again …

The real “bug” is in the fact that this option is displayed when using Kinetic Homepage. Or in the fact that it doesn’t mention that the setting does not apply to Kinetic Home page shell.

…hop on Epiusers.help, search for something similar, or don’t and just ask anyway, make other people read it…

Yep. Good point.

1 Like

I added my vote. It’s up to 16 now!

1 Like