Kinetic MES error: The module AdvancedPlanningAndScheduling is not licensed or enabled

We are using ERP Kinetic Public Cloud. I have been wanting to use the MES URL for months now but it is basically unusable with a continuing error. Below is my documentation for the EpicCare case I created months ago but still no help. They can’t seem to reproduce. I’ve tried using “mode=dc” in my URL with no luck. I’ve also tried a different machine that doesn’t have the smart client installed - same results.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

MES Data Collection - website only.
When clocking into a job, user receives an error stating that “The module AdvancedPlanningAndScheduling is not licensed or enabled”
If the user is clocked into more than one operation, the error continues to pop up for as many operations that are active.
Steps to reproduce:
Clock in with valid employee id
Click “Start Production”
Enter the Job number, then Tab
Select the Assembly
Select the Operation
Click OK

Results:
Error pops up stating that “The module AdvancedPlanningAndScheduling is not licensed or enabled”

Click OK.
Continue like normal.
Expected Results:
We are not licensed for Advanced Planning but we should not receive an error simply because we are using MES.

Thanks all. Please tell me I’m not going crazy.

Ms. Nancy: You are NOT crazy - I put in a ticket for that exact same thing at least a month ago - I will have to check the date.

DaveO

1 Like

Hi @nanvdand

I have also put in a case with EpicCare -
Happening in Minnesota too.

How many other users are having this issue?

BTW -
Here’s how to get MES URL
Knowledge Base -

Customer trying to use the Kinetic MES URL in a browser, but the license type being consumed is DefaultUser instead of Data CollectionKB0115492

Resolution

Assuming that the HomePageURL value in your smart client’s .sysconfig file is:

https://epicorservername.domain.net/EpicorProd/Apps/Erp/Home

The following URL will log the user account into an MES menu structure but will consume a DataCollection/MES user license.
https://epicorservername.domain.net/EpicorProd/Apps/Erp/Home/#/home/MES/home?mode=MES

The following URL will log the user account into an MES menu structure but will consume a full office license/default user license. If a customer has purchased dedicated DataCollection user licenses, this URL would not allow those DataCollection licenses from being used.
https://epicorservername.domain.net/EpicorProd/Apps/Erp/Home/#/login?app=MES

2 Likes

I am trying out a Samsung tablet -
With Google and the Samsung Browser - am able to get MES up, but
major issue - can’t login…
I get the error on Chrome browser - won’t let me get past Employee Number and shift as the error pop’s up.
On Samsung browser I am able to get logged in, but the error keeps popping up.
So, just because it works on a PC with a browser, doesn’t mean it will work on your tablet yet…

1 Like

Here’s a fuzzy video of the issue.
This is a show stopper for MES for the field and shop on the browser.
Looking for other solutions.

2022-02-10_9-59-40

1 Like

Thanks Bruce! I have also attached a couple of videos to EpicCare. While I am no programmer, I don’t understand why this is such a difficult fix.

EpicCare reports that there is currently an Open Problem for this error (created back in December 2021). PRB0243219