Kinetic numeric control -- auto selects text twice

Hey there,

I’ve been wrestling with this for a while and am still looking for an answer.

I have these controls where I enter a part number, and then tab to the scale weight entry field.

Notice that the selected number is “0.00” – but if I let it sit for a few seconds (three or four), it re-selects the text like this:

The selected number now is “0”.

If I start typing before the reselection, whatever I’ve entered is then selected and the next digit entered replaces it, so that the first few characters are lost.

If there is a non-zero value in the field and I tab from the part number to the weight field, it immediately selects the text as:

And I don’t lose anything when I start typing. But most all entries will be starting at zero.

I don’t see anything in the properties that looks odd.

There are 48 of these fields in this form and they all exhibit the same behavior. I can delete the control and reenter it and the behavior persists.

We’ve gone to a fresh install 2022.1.10 to 2022.1.13 and the behavior persists. We’re about to upgrade to 2022.2.7. Maybe that will fix it.

Any experience with this?

Thanks,

Joe

Okay, one more cry for help before abandoning the Kinetic form and going to classic, which is going to be a ton of work.

Again, I’m working in UD02. When I tab into a decimal field or click into the decimal field, there is a delay of several seconds before the existing data in the field is selected. This causes issues, because in that several seconds, the user is trying to enter data, it gets selected, and what has been entered is lost on the next keystroke. There are a bunch of entries to be made.

Everything else on this form works great, but this is a killer.

So, I’ve figured this much out: This happens only when data has changed in the field I’m leaving. Something seems to be happening when the dataview row is changed, as in the point where you would trap an initialization in an epiview notification in classic.

I believe row rules operate at this level, and have disabled the custom row rules without effect.

I do not have on change events set up for the fields I’m using, either leaving or entering. I do have on change field events for a couple others in the data row.

I’ve added dialog boxes to datatable/change field actions operating on other fields on the row, and they aren’t firing where I’m having issues (functioning as I would expect).

I fill several custom dataviews on form load, but again, a dialog box added there only fires the once in the session.

So here is another specific:

When I enter 13 in the Empty Weight field and click in the Charge Design box to the right of the data, the cursor begins blinking on about the count of seven. This doesn’t cause a problem because I can start entering data before this happens and don’t lose anything.

After entering 1113 in the Charge Design box and clicking to the right of the data in the Empty Weight box, the data is selected on about the count of seven.

If I’m fast enough to enter the number before the select happens, or if I wait until after the select happens to start entry, all is well. But this won’t happen on a consistent basis.

I’ve exhausted my “I wonder if _____” supply. Moving to Classic in 3, 2, 1. . .

Joe

This does not sound like expected behavior. It should be reported to tech support. I am sure that our framework developers (@bconner for one) would like to know about this.

Thanks, Tim.