Lot sizing - Short Horizon Planning

I am currently looking to have Epicor consolidate manufacturing suggestions into one MRP suggestion. today I was planning a part where I found MRP suggestions that were two days apart. Ideally I want to consolidate all messages 4 - 5 day outlook to avoid change over times. I know there are multiple ways to drive in this in the system but I wasnt sure the best way to do so. I am thinking I need to adjust my “Short Horizon Planning” to have a Horizon Days of 4 -5 days. Would this consolidate those message into one production suggestion? Or possibly do I need to adjust my planning time fence? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Hi James,

Is this a manufactured part or purchased?

@Matt_Belshaw: This is a manufactured part

I believe it is Days of Supply. In your screen shot, you have that set to 30. You might test the results by extending that out further, say 60 or 90. We have ours set at 365.

1 Like

@lgraham: Thanks Lacey! I was thinking that wouldn’t be the issue because in today’s example I had Epicor creating two MRP suggestions within the same week which would be inside the 30 day outlook but it never hurts to try. I will mess around within test over the next week to see what I can find out. Thanks again for your response! Have a great Tuesday.