Making a change to a linked intercompany Purchase Order

We need to be able to make changes to linked intercompany purchase orders. Buyers make mistakes, customers change specifications, etc., but the system will just not allow this. The checkbox in Company Configuration that says “All Changes to Intercompany Purchase Orders” is checked, but does not work. We have opened a call with Support, but I’m not holding out much hope they will even understand this problem, let alone solve it.

Is anyone using the intercompany process, and if so, what are the steps required to make a change to a linked intercompany purchase order? Any help would be appreciated.

Rick,

Do you get the Record in Process message box?

Brad Boes
bradboes@boosterpconsulting.com
231-845-1090

Hi Brad,

Yes, we do!

Rick Stannard
IT Project Manager
860-599-6203
860-405-4430

What release?
This functionality worked well in E-9 and on 10.1.400

a) Inter-co PO… from company 1
b) Sales order entered in response… in Company 2

c) Change to PO in Company 1…
d) Alert/opportunity to review revised requirements within Company 2, based on alert as to PO change initiated by Company 1
e) Company 2 can reject or accept the change from company 1
f) Company 1 receives notification of rejection or acceptance based on Company 2

Where is the failure?!?!

Hi Joe,

E10.1.600.8.

The failure is that the buyer from company 1 has realized the pricing is incorrect. He tries to un-approve it, we get the “Record In Progress” error. We contact company 2 to reject the PO from the Incoming PO Suggestions, but it has already been accepted and a sales order created.

So now we have a PO with a bad price and a sales order with a bad price and no way to fix either one.

Regards,

Rick Stannard

Rick, so you cannot update the PO price and pull that change through?

Brad Boes
231-845-1090

Brad, no. In order to update the price, we need to un-approve the PO. When we try to do that, we get the Record in Progress error.

Rick Stannard
IT Project Manager
860-599-6203
860-405-4430

I’ve had that happen a few times. It stays stuck for some reason. Epicor can probably give you a data fix that flips that flag.I took it into my own hands but I wouldn’t suggest it.

My experience is that there is another change pending or something causing
that.

With that said however in E9 I know that support had Fix program that could
unlock the PO behind the scenes if needed.

You may have to ask for this from support.

Brad

Thanks guys. I have three cases open with support on this issue, and have had a long running complaint about the way this system is configured. It is locked down so tight that when human error comes into play we have to go to Epicor to resolve it. IMHO it should not be this difficult to fix an error or make a change.

Thanks again for the advice

Rick Stannard
IT Project Manager
860-599-6203
860-405-4430

Rick,

There is a control checkbox on the company config under the materials - purchasing areas that will allow linked PO changes.

Check that…

Brad Boes
231-845-1090

Hi Brad,

That is checked in both companies but it does not seem to do anything.

Hi, Have you check intercompany Incoming PO Suggestions? Also check that the direct server has run

Hi,

Yes, we have checked the incoming suggestions and the intercompany process is running in both companies with no errors.

Rick Stannard

Hi, When in the PO try to unapproved it. get the error, and the save it. Let the processes run, and try ic po suggestions.