Matl Queue - Delete records?

We run a nightly service connect work flow that combs through for obsolete records, or records we do not process and deletes them.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tanya Denison
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:21 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Matl Queue - Delete records?

We have been advised to run conversion script 7250 by Epicor support. This removes orphaned pick material queue records, so it doesn't do anything with stk-stk or other transaction types. We also get to the point where the Material Queue Manager can't open because of the number of records. We run this after hours every few weeks or so.

P.S. Epicor, I would love it if we had a way to schedule conversion scripts!

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM, robertbeaghan <robert.beaghan@...<mailto:robert.beaghan@...>> wrote:

We're in the same boat. We occasionally go in and delete Material Queue records and it doesn't cause us any trouble. We have also created BPMs in those screens that have "Request Move" and defaulted it to be unchecked. This helps keep the queue size down to begin with.

The best manual method I have found for deleting queueu records is to use the Material Request Queue screen. I am sure, though, that someone on the list can recommend a customization to do this.

-Sort the records by your desired criteria, e.g. by date if you only want to delete older records.

-Highlight the desired records and click the Select button.

-On the My Selections tab, sort the Seq column in ascending order.

-Select/highlight all records starting from the bottom to the top. That is, highlight the last record, hold Shift key, highlight first record.

NOTE: I do the previous two steps as I have found that the system will keep the records selected/highlighted as long as the lowest Seq number is at the top of the list. Otherwise, you lose the selection and have to do it over again.

-Press and hold the Delete key until the queue is empty (you will want to disable the 'Delete Confirmation' dialog if you get it.

If someone does have a customization or BPM to do this, please post it.

Hope this helps.

Bob Beaghan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, "Tom J. Christie" <tchristie@...> wrote:
>
> Great question. We have AMM but are not using the material queues. Things do occasionally get tied up such that we can’t perform some transaction until that particular queue item is removed. I too wonder if we should clear it out or be doing something.
>
> Tom Christie | Information Technology Manager | AGM Container Controls, Inc.<http://www.agmcontainer.com/> | tchristie@...<mailto:tchristie@<mailto:tchristie@>...> | t: 520.881.2130 ext 2176<tel:520.881.2130%20ext%202176>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...
> Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:14 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Matl Queue - Delete records?
>
>
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
>
>
> We had a consultant in awhile back who recommended that we run a delete on the material queue table periodically, if we don't use advanced matl mgmt becuase the table would get unwieldy. We do have a few occasions where a matl queue record does something silly such as not allow us to close a reopened sales order.
>
>
>
> Does anyone run deletes on their matlqueue table? If so, is there any downside to this?
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Nancy
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Tanya Denison | IT Manager | NRS, Inc.
2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, ID 83843
tdenison@...<mailto:tdenison@...> | www.nrs.com<http://www.nrs.com>
c: 208.301.0599 | p: 208.883.7834 Ext 277 | f: 208.882.1744

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Good Afternoon,

We had a consultant in awhile back who recommended that we run a delete on the material queue table periodically, if we don't use advanced matl mgmt becuase the table would get unwieldy.  We do have a few occasions where a matl queue record does something silly such as not allow us to close a reopened sales order.

Does anyone run deletes on their matlqueue table?  If so, is there any downside to this?

Thanks

Nancy

Great question. We have AMM but are not using the material queues. Things do occasionally get tied up such that we can’t perform some transaction until that particular queue item is removed. I too wonder if we should clear it out or be doing something.

Tom Christie | Information Technology Manager | AGM Container Controls, Inc.<http://www.agmcontainer.com/> | tchristie@...<mailto:tchristie@...> | t: 520.881.2130 ext 2176

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:14 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Matl Queue - Delete records?

Good Afternoon,

We had a consultant in awhile back who recommended that we run a delete on the material queue table periodically, if we don't use advanced matl mgmt becuase the table would get unwieldy. We do have a few occasions where a matl queue record does something silly such as not allow us to close a reopened sales order.

Does anyone run deletes on their matlqueue table? If so, is there any downside to this?

Thanks

Nancy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We're in the same boat. We occasionally go in and delete Material Queue records and it doesn't cause us any trouble. We have also created BPMs in those screens that have "Request Move" and defaulted it to be unchecked. This helps keep the queue size down to begin with.

The best manual method I have found for deleting queueu records is to use the Material Request Queue screen. I am sure, though, that someone on the list can recommend a customization to do this.

-Sort the records by your desired criteria, e.g. by date if you only want to delete older records.

-Select/highlight all records starting from the bottom to the top. That is, highlight the last record, hold Shift key, highlight first record.

NOTE: I do the previous two steps as I have found that the system will keep the records selected/highlighted as long as the lowest Seq number is at the top of the list. Otherwise, you lose the selection and have to do it over again.

-Press and hold the Delete key until the queue is empty (you will want to disable the 'Delete Confirmation' dialog if you get it.

Hope this helps.

Bob Beaghan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Tom J. Christie" <tchristie@...> wrote:
>
> Great question. We have AMM but are not using the material queues. Things do occasionally get tied up such that we can’t perform some transaction until that particular queue item is removed. I too wonder if we should clear it out or be doing something.
>
> Tom Christie | Information Technology Manager | AGM Container Controls, Inc.<http://www.agmcontainer.com/> | tchristie@...<mailto:tchristie@...> | t: 520.881.2130 ext 2176
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@...
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
>
>
> We had a consultant in awhile back who recommended that we run a delete on the material queue table periodically, if we don't use advanced matl mgmt becuase the table would get unwieldy. We do have a few occasions where a matl queue record does something silly such as not allow us to close a reopened sales order.
>
>
>
> Does anyone run deletes on their matlqueue table? If so, is there any downside to this?
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Nancy
>
>
>
>
We have been advised to run conversion script 7250 by Epicor support. Â This removes orphaned pick material queue records, so it doesn't do anything with stk-stk or other transaction types. Â We also get to the point where the Material Queue Manager can't open because of the number of records. Â We run this after hours every few weeks or so. Â

P.S. Epicor, I would love it if we had a way to schedule conversion scripts!

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM, robertbeaghan <robert.beaghan@...> wrote:
Â
<div>

<p>We&#39;re in the same boat.  We occasionally go in and delete Material Queue records and it doesn&#39;t cause us any trouble.  We have also created BPMs in those screens that have &quot;Request Move&quot; and defaulted it to be unchecked.  This helps keep the queue size down to begin with.<br>

Hope this helps.

Bob Beaghan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Tom J. Christie" <tchristie@...> wrote:
>

>

> Tom Christie | Information Technology Manager | AGM Container Controls, Inc.<http://www.agmcontainer.com/> | tchristie@…<mailto:tchristie@…> | t: 520.881.2130 ext 2176

>

> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nhoyt111@…

> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

>

>

>

> Good Afternoon,

>

>

>

> We had a consultant in awhile back who recommended that we run a delete on the material queue table periodically, if we don’t use advanced matl mgmt becuase the table would get unwieldy. We do have a few occasions where a matl queue record does something silly such as not allow us to close a reopened sales order.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks

>

> Nancy

>

>

>

>

</div>