MES Loses Connection

We ran into a similar issue last year. From my vague memory, it seems that there is an "Auto Suspend" setting on the user setup that may be the culprit.

Hope it helps...

Brad
Metalworks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@...> wrote:
>
> Disable the Windows WebClient service and see it that makes a difference.
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@> wrote:
> >
> > This may be a hardware/operating system issue. Try disabling all your power management on the computer, specially set the network card to never power down.
> >
> > If you are running Windows Vista and a wireless connection, then it very well could be the awful Windows wireless manager dropping the connection.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: andrew.tapper <atapper@>
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:09:29 PM
> > Subject: [Vantage] MES Loses Connection
> >
> > Â
> > I am trying to implement shop floor MES stations for basic time clocks (V8.03.408b) . I am running into an issue where when the computer has been idle for a while it can take 5 minutes to do a simple log in. Once the connection seems to be kicked off, things work fine until the machine is left idle again.
> >
> > Also sometimes when we try to restart the MES session, we get a Windows log into Epicor server box. Seems like we are losing connection with the server for some reason.
> >
> > I have checked the user timeout in Vantage and done the MS tech note about keeping connection with idle clients, but I am still seeing this issue.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this and figured it out, or at least a work around?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
I am trying to implement shop floor MES stations for basic time clocks (V8.03.408b). I am running into an issue where when the computer has been idle for a while it can take 5 minutes to do a simple log in. Once the connection seems to be kicked off, things work fine until the machine is left idle again.

Also sometimes when we try to restart the MES session, we get a Windows log into Epicor server box. Seems like we are losing connection with the server for some reason.

I have checked the user timeout in Vantage and done the MS tech note about keeping connection with idle clients, but I am still seeing this issue.

Has anyone else seen this and figured it out, or at least a work around?

Thanks,
Andrew
Interesting. What kind of computer are you using to do this? We use HP Thin Clients for our MES and have seen no issues. Are you sure it's Vantage related? This sounds like a computer issue.
Â
Jonathan LangÂ
Oil Rite Corporation
Sr. Network Administrator
Ph: (920) 682-6173 Ext: 126
Fax: (920) 682-7699

--- On Thu, 9/3/09, andrew.tapper <atapper@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] MES Loses Connection
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:09 PM

Â

I am trying to implement shop floor MES stations for basic time clocks (V8.03.408b) . I am running into an issue where when the computer has been idle for a while it can take 5 minutes to do a simple log in. Once the connection seems to be kicked off, things work fine until the machine is left idle again.

Also sometimes when we try to restart the MES session, we get a Windows log into Epicor server box. Seems like we are losing connection with the server for some reason.

I have checked the user timeout in Vantage and done the MS tech note about keeping connection with idle clients, but I am still seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Andrew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
This may be a hardware/operating system issue. Try disabling all your power management on the computer, specially set the network card to never power down.

If you are running Windows Vista and a wireless connection, then it very well could be the awful Windows wireless manager dropping the connection.

Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:09:29 PM
Subject: [Vantage] MES Loses Connection

Â
I am trying to implement shop floor MES stations for basic time clocks (V8.03.408b) . I am running into an issue where when the computer has been idle for a while it can take 5 minutes to do a simple log in. Once the connection seems to be kicked off, things work fine until the machine is left idle again.

Thanks,
Andrew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Disable the Windows WebClient service and see it that makes a difference.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> This may be a hardware/operating system issue. Try disabling all your power management on the computer, specially set the network card to never power down.
>
> If you are running Windows Vista and a wireless connection, then it very well could be the awful Windows wireless manager dropping the connection.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: andrew.tapper <atapper@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:09:29 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] MES Loses Connection
>
> Â
> I am trying to implement shop floor MES stations for basic time clocks (V8.03.408b) . I am running into an issue where when the computer has been idle for a while it can take 5 minutes to do a simple log in. Once the connection seems to be kicked off, things work fine until the machine is left idle again.
>
> Also sometimes when we try to restart the MES session, we get a Windows log into Epicor server box. Seems like we are losing connection with the server for some reason.
>
> I have checked the user timeout in Vantage and done the MS tech note about keeping connection with idle clients, but I am still seeing this issue.
>
> Has anyone else seen this and figured it out, or at least a work around?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>