Multi Company Direct Process

Thanks Sue
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:
>
> We set up, but never fully implemented multi-company in Vantage. We hope to do better in Epicor 9. We created a parent company in Vantage. I believe the theory is to run a consolidate to parent process that moves the GL from both of our companies up to the parent company where consolidated financial reports can be run. As I said, I'm not positive because we never finished up that part, but I don't think multi-company was intended to send GL back and forth between companies. Currently, we use multi-company mainly for payroll and some assets.
>
> Sue
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "s1mhall" <s1mhall@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > We are in the process of setting up another company and attempting to use the Multicompany direct process. We have been able to create GL journals and move them in one direction from the new company to the original one, but not the other way. Everything looks to process correctly, no errors in the multicompany direct log, but when we look at the IMGLjrnHed tables we see records with an IntStatus of V. The log file just shows messages like the following.
> > Processing Inbound Journal GLJrnHed.
> >
> > I have a couple of questions. How many people are using multicompany direct? And what success have you had with other companies that are in a different currency? Our original company is in AUD and the new company is in NZD.
> >
> > We are on 9.05.701 SQL 64bit.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Simon Hall
> >
>
Hello,
We are in the process of setting up another company and attempting to use the Multicompany direct process. We have been able to create GL journals and move them in one direction from the new company to the original one, but not the other way. Everything looks to process correctly, no errors in the multicompany direct log, but when we look at the IMGLjrnHed tables we see records with an IntStatus of V. The log file just shows messages like the following.
Processing Inbound Journal GLJrnHed.

I have a couple of questions. How many people are using multicompany direct? And what success have you had with other companies that are in a different currency? Our original company is in AUD and the new company is in NZD.

We are on 9.05.701 SQL 64bit.

Cheers
Simon Hall
We set up, but never fully implemented multi-company in Vantage. We hope to do better in Epicor 9. We created a parent company in Vantage. I believe the theory is to run a consolidate to parent process that moves the GL from both of our companies up to the parent company where consolidated financial reports can be run. As I said, I'm not positive because we never finished up that part, but I don't think multi-company was intended to send GL back and forth between companies. Currently, we use multi-company mainly for payroll and some assets.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "s1mhall" <s1mhall@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> We are in the process of setting up another company and attempting to use the Multicompany direct process. We have been able to create GL journals and move them in one direction from the new company to the original one, but not the other way. Everything looks to process correctly, no errors in the multicompany direct log, but when we look at the IMGLjrnHed tables we see records with an IntStatus of V. The log file just shows messages like the following.
> Processing Inbound Journal GLJrnHed.
>
> I have a couple of questions. How many people are using multicompany direct? And what success have you had with other companies that are in a different currency? Our original company is in AUD and the new company is in NZD.
>
> We are on 9.05.701 SQL 64bit.
>
> Cheers
> Simon Hall
>