Need votes for a program to remove kinetic personalizations

How does voting on Kinetic ideas work? Is it open to all customers? I have an Epicor Identity and can log cases in Epiccare but whenever a vote on idea link is posted it prompts me to log in to Epiocr Kinetic ideas and my Epicor Identity does not work there

If it doesn’t allow you to register yourself, then you have to open a wayfinder request in EpicCare to request access to the Ideas site and they will register you.

thanks, first idea is don’t make us go on a quest to find the way and then jump through hoops just to vote on ideas :laughing:

2 Likes

You know we are talking about Epicor right? It wouldn’t be fun if it wasn’t an epic quest to do the simplest dang thing lol.

No Way Raven GIF by Apple TV+

Hi,

When I select and save it doesn’t remove it even after refreshing. Any for advice? Trying to remove some personalization but can’t. :melting_face:

What version are you on?
Do you get errors?

Send me a screenshot of the ones that don’t delete.

Version: Kinetic 2023.2.3

there is no error from what I can see. I have tested with several user and they do not get deleted as well

I haven’t tested this in the latest; I can take a look.

Have they really not added this natively yet? @aosemwengie1 go attack them. Get 'em!

1 Like

I would say shockingly they have not, but its not really that shocking is it? It says its “in development” so maybe some day.

No, no they haven’t :smiling_face_with_tear:

They also haven’t fixed the disabling for Personalization for users in Kinetic. Epiccare came back to me with disabling it in Application Studio. The thing is I cannot find the option to disable it for the Grid Layout. Only the Overviews for Kinetic that they had. :sob:

Try this:

PurgeKinetic_Customer Solution_4.2.400.0_102423.cab (55.9 KB)

3 Likes

Great it works now! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I did run it the first time it didn’t work but I found an error when I hit multi-thread save. My user account didn’t have the impersonation enabled and after I enabled it it works fine. Just FYI incase anyone has the same issue. :smiley:

Thanks for the help @hmwillett

2 Likes

This is a life saver. Had a user experiencing the same issues as stated and this worked perfect. Thanks!

1 Like

Hannah,
Great fix!
We have had a ticket open with Epicor for a couple months - they couldn’t figure this out.
This solution works.

Also found that if you sort and save layouts on the grid it will break the process again.

:slight_smile:

Need to bump this post! This is the answer to all of my problems for the last few weeks!

Just read this post (below) and I am thinking, “You can’t delete user personalizations in Kinetic!” Oh yes you can!

1 Like

Can you believe this issue that has been known about since around Oct 2022 is still going out in releases unresolved? I am shocked and extremely frustrated.

Not to mention, why do we have to delete the personalizations in the first place? Because the “feature” is breaking users forms left and right.

Hell I had the Kinetic BAQ designer corrupt a large query… thank god I had a backup.

Really regretting moving to Kinetic forms…

Perhaps development of new features\additions should be halted so they can focus on the core product. Dont build a house on the sand.

Here’s to getting poisoned next week at the official dinner by unknown assailants :wine_glass:

5 Likes

To be fair, they ARE addressing the issue. I am really hopeful this leads to a significant improvement once we are upgraded:

3 Likes

Right, I really love the browser idea, but nothing has made me look like such a failure at work as this. No one says this to me - I am hard on myself - but I take it personally.

I can’t tell you how ironic it is that I thought that by moving to the browser that my software issues would go away, since there was nothing to install anymore. Instead, I feel nearly powerless to resolve the issues because there is no software to reinstall, nor does restarting the computer magically help, etc.

2 Likes

Even me, Mr. Cloud, doesn’t have those expectations. We’re trading one set of problems for another. I still think in the big picture, we’ll have more opportunities (and some problems) by moving to cloud native technologies. Not all solutions will work for everyone. We have to take what we like and work around the others.