New UD Field in Part which Draws From Customer Name

We’d like to be able to attach a customer name to certain parts. It should be a simple drop down in the Part Details card, where the options are the customer names from Customer table. We also want customer ID but I’m trying to do one thing at a time. Here is what I did so far.

1. Created a layer in Application Studio to reserve space for the option:

2. Created a UD Field for customer name in the Part table:

3. But now I’m struggling to understand how I get the drop down to populate with options drawn from Customer.Name. I thought I might accomplish this using UD Column Map Maintenance but there is no option for [Source: Customer and Target: Part].

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Yes.

You will have to do the work yourself.

Basically, when the form is loaded, you will need to call a function/baq etc to pull the data
from the customer table into a dataview, and use that information to populate your combo box.

I’m still a Kinetic Web UI noob so I can’t really go into it much further.

Column mapping will copy fields from one table to another when certain process happen (like get details in jobs, or check in parts from the engineering workbench) that’s definitely not for getting the drop downs to populate.

I classic, you can tie the drop downs to the relevant BO, and it will make a selection. I don’t know how it’s done in Web UI, but if it were me, I would find a drop down that does what I want somewhere else, and see if I can steal some of the settings.

1 Like