ODBC with Crystal on Vantage 8.03

There are instructions on how to setup for ODBC access on the Epicor ftp site: ftp://ftpmpls.epicor.com. Use the user id and password that you have setup for Epicor support to access that site. Go to the Vantage/ODBC directory and select the file appropriate to the version of Vantage you are running.

Charles Carden
IT Manager
Manitex, Inc.
Georgetown, Texas
----- Original Message -----
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 5:49 PM
Subject: [Vantage] ODBC with Crystal on Vantage 8.03

Hi,

I have seen several posts about ODBC issues, but am running into issues upon reading data from the Progress database. I can see the tables in Crystal, but when I try to actually view the data, I get an error.

I have the ODBC driver setup and test connection works successfully. My user account is the Security Manager, so I have full access. I have created a sysprogress user but it doesn't seem to have the proper permissions, so I am just using my user account that allows me to view all the table in Crystal. The error I get when I try to see the data in Crystal (Preview) is:

Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: HYOOD:[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Access denied (Authorization failed)(7512)[Database Vendor Code: -20228]

I have see the setup instructions, but that doesn't seem to help. Is there a flag that I need enable to give my user full ODBC access?

thanks,
-Aaron

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi,

I have seen several posts about ODBC issues, but am running into issues upon reading data from the Progress database. I can see the tables in Crystal, but when I try to actually view the data, I get an error.

I have the ODBC driver setup and test connection works successfully. My user account is the Security Manager, so I have full access. I have created a sysprogress user but it doesn't seem to have the proper permissions, so I am just using my user account that allows me to view all the table in Crystal. The error I get when I try to see the data in Crystal (Preview) is:

Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: HYOOD:[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Access denied (Authorization failed)(7512)[Database Vendor Code: -20228]

I have see the setup instructions, but that doesn't seem to help. Is there a flag that I need enable to give my user full ODBC access?

thanks,
-Aaron