Open Invoice Load

Im trying to load some AR and AP invoices using Open Invoice Load via DMT. It (both the Client version and DMT) seems to be a bit confused as to whether I should used signed values on credit notes/debit notes and whether I should upload tax amounts as signed or unsigned. Anyone got any expereince of this?

Credit memos amount and tax amounts as as positive and the ceditmemo flag is set to credit.

Split your AR Invoices and Credit memos to two imports and run the invoices first. This solves issues you might have any credit memos that might apply to invoices.

For AP, it does not appear to make a difference if you run AP invoices and Debit memos at the same time.

If you are importing from another system. I suggest you setup a UD field or fields that identify the type and invoice number from your old system.

1 Like

Thanks Simon. All done now but I found that even when making AR credit memos as a credit memo and supplying a positive value they they went in to the system as negative values and therefore we added to nor removed from the customer balance! Have you had that problem?

No I haven’t. What version are you running, DMT and E10? Out at the moment I’ll post up my template later.

Here you go
AROpenLoad_DMT.xlsx (8.8 KB)

Hope you find it useful

Testing AP Open Invoices load via DMT for cut over and getting error on invoice number for “input string not in a correct format.” Shouldn’t this be a free form field?

This part, which should be one of the easiest, was one of the most frustrating. A lot of the times the error message returned didn’t match what was actually happening. The Invoice # should be max of 50 characters.

The one thing we found was to match the order that you would enter in the AP invoice from the client screen.

This is the column order we followed (AP):

Company
DebitMemo
InvoiceDate
InvoiceNum
VendorVendorID
InvoiceComment
DueDate
InvoiceAmt (can be negative/positive)
InvoiceBal (can be negative/positive)
DocDispInvoiceBal (always positive)
DispInvoiceBal (always positive)

I agree. This should be the easiest part of the load. Getting the invoice numbers. I am still getting the same error. I re-saved it as excel doc so I could attach a snip it of the error with the doc. Thoughts?

AP Open Load.xlsx (74.5 KB)

Not that it should matter, but maybe remove the currency format from your numbers. None of my templates have formatted numbers (I did the rounding, but no formats).

I have loaded my open AP and checked the total and posted via the AP Invoice Load Maintenance screen. When I run Aged Payables the invoices do not show up. What am I missing?

Did you post?

I had tried, but got an error. Further research showed the error and I needed to fill in an account in AP Account GL Control Code. Once I did that I was able to post and all is well. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like