OpenInvoice = FALSE with negative balance invoice

Hello,

I noticed a variance in the Invoice balance for open documents to the GL this morning. Our aging is off so I was looking into it and came across another scenario that needs attention. An invoice was paid twice (bank error) in total and driven to the inverse balance of the original invoice amount. This invoice is not showing up on the aging with my assumption being that the OpenInvoice on the header is set to false.

I am debating using DMT to set OpenInvoice to true (not sure if this would be the only field needing change) or reversing the cash receipt and having AR enter on account until it is settled . I just want to get some other opinions. Thanks in advance.

I wonder how system allows you to pay same invoice twice. Better way is to reverse the cash receipt.

That is what I am going to go ahead and due. Yes, it is very odd. I am not sure how this happened. Thank you for your input.

There is a setting in Company configuration called “Allow Invoices to be overpaid”. That check box should be cleared to prevent that from happening. It is on All modules>Localization>Details tab

Unfortunately, it was a request from AR to have this setting. It allows them to replicate our customer behavior more accurately. I don’t see why the invoice was even available for selection but it seems to be a one off. Thanks,