Paste/Update Functionality On an Updatable Dashboard

Hi!

I have created an updatable dashboard that the user wants to be able to export, make changes to the updatable fields, and paste/update back into the dashboard. The functionality itself works however, It’s not picking up Sales Order as a Primary Key. The correct lines are updated if I specifically highlight those lines and do a paste/update. Isn’t there a way that you can paste/update from anywhere in the dashboard and the records are applied based on the Primary Key (Sales Order)?

Thank you in advance!
Korrie

I’ve always been under the impression that Paste Update takes the data from your clipboard and updates the grid, row-by-row, starting at the selected row on the grid. And that if your clipboard data was in a different order than the grid data, you would run into problems.

1 Like

Do a Paste Insert instead of a Paste Update, Epicor will treat it as new if it doesnt exist and update if it does exist, if the Keys you defined in the UBAQ are in the dataset, it will merge them “update”. It might not seem so, but try it then refresh.

1 Like

On Updateable DBDs there is also an Action Menu item called “Uptake from Excel” that you might want to play with. When you use that and the Multi Threaded save, you can load Excel data much quicker than the regular Paste.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is the route I took and it’s working as I wanted it to.

I’m not sure why this didn’t work for me here but I have definitely used it before. Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, this is what was happening. I convinced my user that using the sort feature wasn’t as daunting as they thought it was. Thank you!

I don’t see the “Uptake from excel”. I also can’t seem to get paste update to show up on this dashboard. Does this depend on how the BAQ is written? I’ve noticed if I only have one table on the query I have paste update/insert.