PDF Viewer Widget

Has anyone had any luck with the PDF viewer widget ?

Tried serving it up with a blob , base64 &
& filepath without any success.

1 Like

So far, I’ve only gotten it to load a PDF using the open button–nothing automated. I’ll poke around some more tomorrow.

2 Likes

What about that one…

2 Likes

That downloads… Which would be useful if I got it to load PDFs from, well, NOT my computer, lol.

2 Likes

Thanks @hmwillett , I had a little inspect of it however it’s really does not give too much away other than it utilises a ngx-extended-viewer.

Doesn’t seem to give away much in the preview / response.

Only documentation I’ve managed to find close:
https://pdfviewer.net/extended-pdf-viewer/simple

Yeah, that’s about as far as I got too.
It would be nice to see how this widget was built because it seems like we would need access to the “src” property in order to dynamically load PDFs in Kinetic. I was hoping the epBinding would do that, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

Well, this is kind of neat. If the PDF has form fields, you can set the epBinding of the pdf-viewer to an empty dataview and it will load the fields for use if needed.

2 Likes

Is that because of the new Dynamic Forms?

Nice work as always @hmwillett

So you could (in development mode):

1. Make a fillable PDF to act as a template
  2. Upload that PDF to the form
  3. Bind the fillable fields to dataset fields

Then during runtime, the user could click the download icon, and they would be served the template PDF with the fillable fields pre-filled? Or does it serve a regular PDF (without fillable fields), but with the bound (or is it “binded”?) data “hardcoded” into the PDF?

Or C. “None of the Above”

Would need to do more testing. It auto-generated the column names (sq_104, sq_105). I would need to do some more testing to see how/if those change each time.
In theory, it sounds like that should work.

Is that even the intent of the functionality?

Or is it still a mystery.....

:ghost:

I couldn’t even see the epibinding on it. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Here, you dropped these: :eyes:

joking just kidding GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Edit: don’t you shrug at me! That was comedic gold. GOLD!

Spot on!

PDFViewer

3 Likes

You are wylin’ @hmwillett .

Every time I check out a kinetic interface thread you are on, I see something so surreal.

1 Like

But it looks like it serves up a fillable PDF. Which would let the recipient make edits.

Any thoughts on how the downloaded PDF could be made read-only?
(as much as an unsecured PDF can be)

I believe this is all related to Dynamic Documents.

Using Dynamic Documents – Kinetic 2022.2 (epicor.com)

Based on my digging and the only module I found to be using the pdf-viewer widget was the “Production Instructions” referenced in that help file, I would say you are correct, sir.

Sadly, we do not have that module, so I can look into those further. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ll give you access to my environment so you can keep on digging! :laughing:

1 Like