Pilot to Test SQL Database cannot find a Report

also, is it normal to have errors, I feel stupid for asking but, something like, i have no idea what CustOV is

[11/10/2021 3:48:18 PM] Report Style #1 for report ‘CustOV’ was exported
[11/10/2021 3:48:19 PM] Error: SSRS RDL Export reports/CustomReports/CustOV
Error collecting reports:
Error calling GetCatalogItem.
ErrorCode: NotFound(404)
Content: {
“error”:{
“code”:“2”,“message”:“The item ‘/TEST/reports/CustomReports/CustOV’ cannot be found.”
}
}

Mr. Ignacio: It looks to me like you are trying to create a solution in Test. Was the solution created in Live and you are trying to install in Test?

The solution (I would guess) should be created in Live and then installed in Test. If that is what you are trying to do.

DaveO

Sadly no, the solution was created in test, not by myself but by another consulting group. I did an export as well in Pilot and got the same types of errors, so I am thinking this is normal, but you would know more since you have done this before.

Sadly it does not work. I myself did not work on the reports, so I don’t know what was entailed in creating the report, though I don’t mind recreating it but I want to be able to see what was done in the previous working report, so I can implement the same in our newer environment.

Can you recommend an article on how to modify reports (so i can see what is in the report) and maybe create reports?

Mr. Ignacio: There are a number of Epicor documents on how to modify a report.

As well as a number of threads in this forum that should help.

DaveO

I am sure there are, being that I just started on this journey out of frustration today, trying to not fork over through 3 thousand more frustrating roads going through hundreds of useless known worthless documents and links which is why I asked, “can you recommend”.

Can you recommend any articles/threads/forums in which you have used that have helped you.

I sense your frustration and I sympathize and apologize. I do not know of any “easy” answers.

You sense correctly but add to it, as I didn’t ask for an easy answer, I asked for articles that have helped you. Please do not respond to this, providing this to you for informational purposes.

Here’s a quick thing you can do to get reports (the RDL files) from one instance to another:

Go into Report Style Maintenance, open then form, select a style, and select Actions-Download to download it to your local PC:

Note that if you download to your Documents folder, Epicor will install a “reports” folder there and download your report files to the appropriate sub folder.

You can go to Microsoft and download a copy of Report Builder. Then you can open the report files and look at them. You won’t have access to the server for the connection, but that’s okay to look and edit. You just can’t run them from there.

To upload edited files to your current Epicor instance, go back to the Report Style Maintenance and take the Actions-Upload option. If you selected the Documents folder, just select that at this time for the upload. Epicor will know where the file is.

To upload reports to a different instance, like Test, just open that instance, go to Report Style, select the style, and Actions-Upload. That will fix the data sources.

This is a one-report-style-at-a-time fix, but if you’re looking at one report, this is a quick way to get it to the other instance.

Luck!

Joe

1 Like

Thanks, I will give that a try. I am going numb watching the Epicor videos on this.

Iggy,

Give me a call.
Marykay

1 Like