PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam

In an effort to combine all our suggestions into single order suggestions I have set the days of supply, planning time fence, reschedule out time delta, and the reschedule in time delta. The days of supply combined the individual order suggestions and the others cleaned up the messages. However, as Ken mentioned in his response, the system is still suggesting to buy which can cause overbuying if change suggestions are not being monitored.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash <dashkarl@...> wrote:
>
> Have you looked at Days of Supply on the Part/Plant table in order to consolidate deliveries and avoid repetitive smaller deliveries?
>
> -Karl
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Ken Williams <kwilliams@...>
> To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 7:05:35 AM
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam
>
> ÂÂ
> Are they reviewing both new & change suggestions?
>
> Are they viewing Time Phase with "suggestions" checked?
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of bturner101@sbcgloba l.net
> Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:59 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam
>
> We have tried this and still purchasing was not satisfied. It did clean up some noise but it wasn't enough for each buyer to trust PO suggestions.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com<mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@ > wrote:
> >
> > We lock the PO Release quantity to keep MRP suggesting cancel and re-order noise to a minimum. V8.03.405a
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com<mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bturner101@ " <bturner101@ > wrote:
> > >
> > > Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.
> > >
> > > We are currently running version 8.03.407.
> > >
> > > Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.
> > >
> > > The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to tweak the system to prevent this from happening?
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.

We are currently running version 8.03.407.

Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.

The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.

Is there any way to tweak the system to prevent this from happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We lock the PO Release quantity to keep MRP suggesting cancel and re-order noise to a minimum. V8.03.405a

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bturner101@..." <bturner101@...> wrote:
>
> Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.
>
> We are currently running version 8.03.407.
>
> Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.
>
> The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.
>
> Is there any way to tweak the system to prevent this from happening?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
We have tried this and still purchasing was not satisfied. It did clean up some noise but it wasn't enough for each buyer to trust PO suggestions.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> We lock the PO Release quantity to keep MRP suggesting cancel and re-order noise to a minimum. V8.03.405a
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bturner101@" <bturner101@> wrote:
> >
> > Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.
> >
> > We are currently running version 8.03.407.
> >
> > Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.
> >
> > The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.
> >
> > Is there any way to tweak the system to prevent this from happening?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
>
Are they reviewing both new & change suggestions?

Are they viewing Time Phase with "suggestions" checked?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bturner101@...
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:59 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam

We have tried this and still purchasing was not satisfied. It did clean up some noise but it wasn't enough for each buyer to trust PO suggestions.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> We lock the PO Release quantity to keep MRP suggesting cancel and re-order noise to a minimum. V8.03.405a
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bturner101@" <bturner101@> wrote:
> >
> > Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.
> >
> >
> > Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.
> >
> > The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.
> >
> >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
That's a good question. I believe they are only view new PO suggestions. I do know they are viewing Time Phase with suggestions checked.

One question, if PO are changed using change suggestions does that update new PO suggestions?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Ken Williams <kwilliams@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bturner101@...
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam
>
>
>
> We have tried this and still purchasing was not satisfied. It did clean up some noise but it wasn't enough for each buyer to trust PO suggestions.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@> wrote:
> >
> > We lock the PO Release quantity to keep MRP suggesting cancel and re-order noise to a minimum. V8.03.405a
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bturner101@" <bturner101@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Forgive me for any ignorance about the system I may have in my following question.
> > >
> > >
> > > Our procurement has brought PO suggestion inconsistencies to my attention and I can not figure out how to fix it. If there is a fix. The system seems to be working off Just in Time principles. For instance, the system continues to suggest purchasing materials we do not need based on demand and Job due dates. When we look into this further, we noticed Time Phased is suggesting to cancel PO orders and recreate the order with a due date that will satisfy the Job material requirement.
> > >
> > > The system is assuming that a PO due date can be moved in on a new PO to satisfy the supply requirements. The problem is PO suggestions does not show any of this information, it only tells you to order more. Thus the suggestion screen is filled with supply we don't need and our purchasers are spending most of their time verifying PO suggestions rather than maintaining our supply.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
>
Have you looked at Days of Supply on the Part/Plant table in order to consolidate deliveries and avoid repetitive smaller deliveries?

-Karl

Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 7:05:35 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Â
Are they reviewing both new & change suggestions?

Are they viewing Time Phase with "suggestions" checked?

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of bturner101@sbcgloba l.net
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:59 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com<mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@... > wrote:
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com<mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bturner101@ " <bturner101@ > wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

The problem with not looking at change suggestions, is that often times the system (in the name of just in time) may suggest you reduce quantity on one PO and create a new PO to cover the reduced quantity.

If they're not reviewing their change suggestions for increase/decrease/cancel items, you're very likely going to overbuy. Your buyers probably "know" they have it covered and thus don't trust the system to buy it again. This is because they're right, they do have it covered, but the system is telling them to reduce or cancel an old PO and cut a new one.

Ken

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bturner101@...
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:31 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO Suggestions and Time Phased - Bayesian Filter detected spam - Bayesian Filter detected spam

That's a good question. I believe they are only view new PO suggestions. I do know they are viewing Time Phase with suggestions checked.

One question, if PO are changed using change suggestions does that update new PO suggestions?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Ken Williams <kwilliams@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of bturner101@...
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "bturner101@" <bturner101@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
>