Product Configurator - pass info to subconfigurator

Hello everyone,
Is anyone familiar with how to pass info to a subconfigurator for a subassembly?
Color is the easiest example. The “top level” system gets a color picked but it would be nice if I could pass that info to the subconfigurator so the user doesn’t have to pick color for a second time.

Thanks in advance.

You may wish to utilize global input variables. See the configurator technical reference guide for your version. It will explain more about them.

1 Like

That’s exactly it.
Thank you

Cool! Let me know if you need any other configurator help.

Hi @utaylor I do have another question for you. Do you know of a way I can get the costs for the configured item without having to run Actions >> Quote line >> Mfg Materials >> Get Details?
I do this in my testing but it would be great if customer service doesn’t have to do this.
Ideally I’m trying to get the costs and then mark it up X%.

Ideally, the quote worksheet works great but it would be nice to get it without having to go through those other steps.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @paulosborne ,

I would suggest asking this to the forum in another post.

I do not know how to do what you are asking, but there might be some others on this forum who do.

1 Like

Ok. thanks.

I have a feeling you would need to go into the part cost table for every material in your method.

That gets me about 90% of the way there. The other part is the labor/burden to assemble the final piece. That isn’t covered in part costs for the BOM.