Project Material Costs - Salvage Issue

Agreed if it is the case. We have modified the Project Tracker screen to capture salvage costs but this was a off set of other work we were doing. We don't use the standard project costing as it doesn't include items which are only purchase order based, no links to jobs. Maybe epicor 9 treats it differently?

Â

Sent: Fri, 7 May, 2010 16:51:39
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Project Material Costs - Salvage Issue

Â
That’s what I am thinking. I still have to do more testing to ensure the GL transactions are correct, but so far, it appears so. This will make the project data virtually useless to us from a costing standpoint if this is truly native functionality. I can’t imagine any benefit to seeing it without the salvaged considered. How could you ever hope to get an accurate cost comparison this way?

Tara K. Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Tubular Structuresâ„¢
8653 E. Hwy 67
Alvarado, Texas 76009
Direct Line: (817) 852-1828
Main Office: (817) 852-1700
Fax Line: (817) 852-1705
Email: tmadia@sabrecom. com<mailto:tmadia@sabrecom. com>
"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SABRE TUBULAR STRUCTURES ("Sabre") E-MAIL NOTICE - This transmission and any attachments may be confidential or subject to a legally recognized privilege and is intended only to be received and read by the proper party having a reason to send communications to or from Sabre. If you do not believe that you are the proper recipient of this message because of its address, contents and/or otherwise believe that this message was sent to you in error, you should not disclose, print, copy or disseminate the information contained in this message. If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law and state laws. The text in this communication does not reflect an intention by Sabre to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Only a document which bears a handwritten signature of an authorized signatory of Sabre
shall be binding upon Sabre and such documents may be attached indicating a desire to conduct a transaction or make any agreement. Nothing contained in the text of this message shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions or any statutory adoptions or equivalents of the aforementioned acts and convention, and any other laws or regulations of any state or country related to electronic contracts, electronic signatures, or electronic records shall not apply to Sabre or the recipient.

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Brychan Williams
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:43 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Project Material Costs - Salvage Issue

Hi,

Will have a look. But it would suggest that the inventory and gl transactions are correct but not the project costing?

____________ _________ _________ __
From: Tara <tmadia@sabre- sts.com<mailto:tmadia% 40sabre-sts. com>>
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com<mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>
Sent: Fri, 7 May, 2010 15:16:52
Subject: [Vantage] Project Material Costs - Salvage Issue

We are on v.407 and I have just found that the material costs in the project entry screen are not reduced by the salvaged material returned to inventory for those projects. I see it at the production detail report level, but not at the project. Does anyone know if this is native functionality or is this a bug in this version? Has anyone else seen this and if it affects any other reporting tools or transactions?

Tara Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Industries, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We are on v.407 and I have just found that the material costs in the project entry screen are not reduced by the salvaged material returned to inventory for those projects. I see it at the production detail report level, but not at the project. Does anyone know if this is native functionality or is this a bug in this version? Has anyone else seen this and if it affects any other reporting tools or transactions?

Tara Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Industries, Inc.
Hi,

Will have a look. But it would suggest that the inventory and gl transactions are correct but not the project costing?

Â

Tara Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Industries, Inc.

That’s what I am thinking. I still have to do more testing to ensure the GL transactions are correct, but so far, it appears so. This will make the project data virtually useless to us from a costing standpoint if this is truly native functionality. I can’t imagine any benefit to seeing it without the salvaged considered. How could you ever hope to get an accurate cost comparison this way?

Tara K. Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Tubular Structuresâ„¢
8653 E. Hwy 67
Alvarado, Texas 76009
Direct Line: (817) 852-1828
Main Office: (817) 852-1700
Fax Line: (817) 852-1705
Email: tmadia@...<mailto:tmadia@...>
"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SABRE TUBULAR STRUCTURES ("Sabre") E-MAIL NOTICE - This transmission and any attachments may be confidential or subject to a legally recognized privilege and is intended only to be received and read by the proper party having a reason to send communications to or from Sabre. If you do not believe that you are the proper recipient of this message because of its address, contents and/or otherwise believe that this message was sent to you in error, you should not disclose, print, copy or disseminate the information contained in this message. If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law and state laws. The text in this communication does not reflect an intention by Sabre to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Only a document which bears a handwritten signature of an authorized signatory of Sabre shall be binding upon Sabre and such documents may be attached indicating a desire to conduct a transaction or make any agreement. Nothing contained in the text of this message shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions or any statutory adoptions or equivalents of the aforementioned acts and convention, and any other laws or regulations of any state or country related to electronic contracts, electronic signatures, or electronic records shall not apply to Sabre or the recipient.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brychan Williams
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:43 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Project Material Costs - Salvage Issue

Hi,

Tara Madia
ERP Systems Analyst
Sabre Industries, Inc.