Purchasing Contracts module

That’s what I thought the contracts did.  Yes, please let me know if what you are testing out works for you or not.  It could be something we could use as well.  Thanks for the validation!

Manasa

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:57 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Purchasing Contracts module

Hi Manasa!

We were hoping this module would do the trick for us with blanket POs.  It didn't fit our needs, we cut releases as needed and this seemed to be more scheduled POs (e.g. 100 parts per month for 12 months, it automatically creates the release). 

For our blankets we are working to implement purchased kanban - new to us in 9.05.702a but it could have been in an earlier version.  You add a purchased kanban type to the part master and set up the PO#/line, set your min/max/reorder qty and it should add a new release to your PO line for you.  We are still testing.

Jenn

Anyone using the Purchasing Contracts module in 9.05.700C or higher?  I’m just wondering what else it gives you that you cannot get from Supplier Price lists.

TIA, Manasa

Hi Manasa!

We were hoping this module would do the trick for us with blanket POs.  It didn't fit our needs, we cut releases as needed and this seemed to be more scheduled POs (e.g. 100 parts per month for 12 months, it automatically creates the release). 

For our blankets we are working to implement purchased kanban - new to us in 9.05.702a but it could have been in an earlier version.  You add a purchased kanban type to the part master and set up the PO#/line, set your min/max/reorder qty and it should add a new release to your PO line for you.  We are still testing.

Jenn