Quotes & POs won't keep revision for non-parts master Parts

For various reasons, we don’t use the Parts Master List, we manually enter every Quote/Order/Job and PO Line’s Part Number & Description. In Epicor 9.05, it wasn’t a problem to enter a part number, a revision, and a description for the line, but now we’re upgrading to Kinetic. In Kinetic, I can still enter whatever Part and Description, but the revision just reverts to nothing after I leave the field.

I’m seeing this in the Quote and PO Lines, presumably also in Order & Job lines. Is there maybe something I’m missing in company config to allow me to enter a rev against a non-parts master item?

Now that you say it, I didn’t think much of it at the time because we don’t use rev, but that field did have some odd behavior to it as I was playing with it.

This is a known bug with PRB0260189.

Thanks for the update John, glad it was categorized appropriately and it’s on the list of to-dos!

Thanks John!

I wanted to share what I learned from support, in case anyone else comes across this.
They gave me a separate problem number - PRB0256658 (Quotes), but it sounds very similar to the PRB0260189 (Orders).

The issue affects the Kinetic UI only, but seems to be everywhere you’d enter a part rev (outside of the master). Reverting to the classic form for Quotes/Orders/Jobs/POs should do the trick.

Also - they have a fix coming in 11.2.200.12 for on-prem or 11.2.3 for cloud. I was given a timeline of May for cloud version 11.2.3.

Nice! We also had to switch to the classic quote form because of an op standard that doesn’t work correctly on the kinetic screen.