Quotes & POs won't keep revision for non-parts master Parts

For various reasons, we don’t use the Parts Master List, we manually enter every Quote/Order/Job and PO Line’s Part Number & Description. In Epicor 9.05, it wasn’t a problem to enter a part number, a revision, and a description for the line, but now we’re upgrading to Kinetic. In Kinetic, I can still enter whatever Part and Description, but the revision just reverts to nothing after I leave the field.

I’m seeing this in the Quote and PO Lines, presumably also in Order & Job lines. Is there maybe something I’m missing in company config to allow me to enter a rev against a non-parts master item?

Now that you say it, I didn’t think much of it at the time because we don’t use rev, but that field did have some odd behavior to it as I was playing with it.

This is a known bug with PRB0260189.

1 Like

Thanks for the update John, glad it was categorized appropriately and it’s on the list of to-dos!

Thanks John!

I wanted to share what I learned from support, in case anyone else comes across this.
They gave me a separate problem number - PRB0256658 (Quotes), but it sounds very similar to the PRB0260189 (Orders).

The issue affects the Kinetic UI only, but seems to be everywhere you’d enter a part rev (outside of the master). Reverting to the classic form for Quotes/Orders/Jobs/POs should do the trick.

Also - they have a fix coming in 11.2.200.12 for on-prem or 11.2.3 for cloud. I was given a timeline of May for cloud version 11.2.3.

1 Like

Nice! We also had to switch to the classic quote form because of an op standard that doesn’t work correctly on the kinetic screen.