Report Error 10.2.300

I am working on the ARForm report, ours is customized. And the only issue I am having is that the it says on the invoice Data Retrieval failed for the subreport, located at XXXXX. So I looked in the event viewer on the server and found this:

net.tcp://e10/erp10/: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was ‘00:05:00’. —> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. —> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was ‘00:05:00’. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing) — End of inner exception stack trace — at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.DelegatingConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) — End of inner exception stack trace — at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout) — End of inner exception stack trace — Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.Receive(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.Receive(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.Receive(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at Ice.Contracts.SessionModSvcContract.Login() at Ice.Proxy.Lib.SessionModImpl.Login() at Ice.Core.Session…ctor(String userID, String password, String asUrl, LicenseType licenseType

@aidacra @ckrusen I have checked and verified that there is a folder for the SSRS and the data source are correct and connected. Anything else I can look for?

I often find I have to open the parent RDL and update the sub-report’s path to include the “full” path. And by “full”, I mean starting at the “/reports” folder.

Even when the sub-report is in the same folder as the parent.

1 Like

So I did that to my subreports that were not working and getting the same result and the same issue in the Event Viewer.

Sorry, I should have read the error details you posted, more thoroughly. At first glance it looks like maybe one of the subs is taking to long to run, which might indicate that it is trying to pull to much data.

Was this sub part of the original ARForm, or one you added?

Try running the Subreport by itself to see if it looks correct. You’ll probably have to pas the GUID and some other params, so it might take a couple of tries.

Then I’d double check the params being sent to the sub. Temporarily set them to constants that should return data (use the values that you used to test to sub-report by itself.

I didn’t create this, but I can do what you are mentioning.

Subreport1: * An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

• Query execution failed for dataset ‘InvcMisc’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
    • Invalid object name ‘InvcHead_d6513b46988b405f9a6079d28343799e’.

Subreport 2: * An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

• Query execution failed for dataset ‘Company’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
    • Invalid object name ‘Company_d6513b46988b405f9a6079d28343799e’.

FWIW - I had to customize an OrderAck RDL to remove the misc charges sub-report. When we printed LARGE orders (200+ lines), the report would crash. Even though none of the lines had misc charges.

Maybe its related.

1 Like

Make sure the report data still exists. I do this by running the report with the archive set for 1 month. then use that GUID

I ran it today a few minutes ago.

If the archive period was none, the task manager “cleans them up” every so often. So they might have already been scrubbed.