Reports not sending to Task Agent in Alternate Company

So, we created a second company for our app server.
In company ISI, printing works just fine.
If I switch to the other company, I click print, but nothing shows up in the task agent anywhere; no active, history, or scheduled with ‘Display All Users’ checked.
Is there some configurations that need to happen for multi-company printing?

Does the Task Agent user have access to the second company?

Yes, the users exists in both companies (and has authorization for each).

Have you tried restarting the Task Agent process and/or recycling IIS? When we added our second company, the only thing we had to do was to add the second company to our task agent user in User Account Security Maintenance.

I have recycled the app pool as well as stopping and starting the agent and reporting services.

I got it. I was bamboozled.
We’re SSO, so the user account I was to be looking at was not the same one that’s set in the System Agent (which doesn’t do anything when you’re SSO anyways).
That user was not authorized in the other company.

Thanks!

1 Like

I lied–something else is funky.
I stopped the agent which is when I saw the report show up under scheduled tasks.
As soon as I started it again, it disappeared from scheduled, but did not show up under active or history.

And I found this in the Event Viewer:

PILOT-LA: An error occurred trying to run tasks for agent: Task Description: Chart of Accounts Listing User: AWILLETT

Error Detail:
The Company column is not valid.
Stack Trace:   at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.23\Source\Shared\Framework\Epicor.ServiceModel\Channels\ImplBase.cs:line 762
   at Ice.Proxy.BO.SysTaskImpl.Update(SysTaskDataSet ds) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.23\Source\Shared\Contracts\BO\SysTask\SysTaskImpl.cs:line 604
   at Ice.TaskAgentCore.TaskAgent.<>c__DisplayClass28_3.<CreateTaskInstance>b__5(SysTaskImpl impl)
   at Ice.TaskAgentCore.ImplCaller.ImplCaller`1.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Call>b__0(TImpl impl)
   at Ice.TaskAgentCore.ImplCaller.ImplCaller`1.Call[TResult](Func`2 doWork, ExceptionBehavior communicationExceptionBehavior, ExceptionBehavior timeoutExceptionBehavior)
   at Ice.TaskAgentCore.ImplCaller.ImplCaller`1.Call(Action`1 doWork, ExceptionBehavior communicationExceptionBehavior, ExceptionBehavior timeoutExceptionBehavior)
   at Ice.TaskAgentCore.TaskAgent.CreateTaskInstance(ImplCaller`1 sysTaskCaller, SysAgentDataSet sysAgentData, SysAgentSchedRow agentSched)

But I still feel like that should show an error in the History tab…

1 Like

Per this: Multicompany Report Issue - #2 by Hari_Dutt - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum all users I have involved in printing are security managers, allow session impersonation, and are authorized in both companies.

Success. The user was not assigned to the service.
All is well.
Thanks again.

1 Like