Returning sales kit items and applying a credit memo?

Hi there,

We are preparing to go-live and ran into an issue during user acceptance testing where we could not issue a credit memo for a sales kit RMA. Here’s the problem:

1. Create and ship an order for a sales kit item, say in my case MES2
  2. Create an RMA for that order.
    2a. When adding RMA lines from the order, you will be forced to use the underlying line numbers (in our example, lines 2 and 3 as the kit is composed of two items)
  3. Receive and disposition the lines on the RMA
    3a. Again, remember that we’re returning the underlying parts because the sales kit, being a sales kit, doesn’t get inventoried
  4. Try to Add Credit Memo for either of the RMA lines and you’ll get an error like: Total quantity in credit memo line(s) exceeds the quantity ordered in line/release 1/1 of the order 103905.

How am I supposed to complete these RMAs? Consultants have not been very responsive.

Thanks.

I’m going to try something… But first, what are the Parameters for the Sales kit parent:

Hi again Calvin :slight_smile:

Here are the sales kit parameters: https://i.imgur.com/hhaiynC.png (how do I embed an image like you?)

Now that I see the option, I recall seeing something about using Component Pricing instead of Parent Pricing, but for some reason or another that I don’t recall, that was not a suitable option for us. I’ll try to find out why that was.

You can either upload it using the upload tool

Or if its on your clipboard, just paste it into the text boxe here. It will in the editor as:

The invoice creates the hidden lines for the SK components too.

Are you just creating a Credit Memo and manually adding lines? If so, you can reference those hidden invoice lines instead of the parent line:

1 Like

Just ran into this. Did something similar to what Calvin recommended, but changed the SO Line on the Misc Detail to the Kit Parent Line to pull in the correct part #, price etc for the credit. In the example above, changed SO Line to 1.