Suggestions to cancel all orders for specific parts despite open demand

We are having a problem where certain parts (that are all used on the same assembly) are generating suggestions to cancel all open POs and no suggestions to place new POs despite having demand for those parts. The time phase image below highlights the problematic suggestions. I have looked at the parts in question and generate purchase orders is activated in the part master. This part has correct suggestions in our sandbox system which is a ~1year old copy of our database. I suspect we changed a setting somewhere that has broken the suggestion process for this part but I don’t know where to look. Do you have any ideas?

For the demand Jobs, where is the job expecting to get the part?
Is it manufactured, purchased to job, or from inventory?

The demand jobs are make to stock. I have an example below.
One more piece to this puzzle has been found. When I manually rerun MRP for this part it removes all the cancellation suggestions and makes the purchase suggestions that I expect to see. When our overnight MRP process runs it goes back to the “cancel all” suggestions.

Sorry, by “Part” I meant “Material” and not “Final Assembly”. How is the Material setup on the job(s)?

Here is a snapshot of the materials detail fot the part on that job. Niehter make direct or purchase direct are enabled. Is there another place to see how the material is setup on the job(s)

Is seems like the suggestions are not being generated. Have you run PO Suggestions successfully? You may also have the PartDtl out of sync and need to run the update process.

I have run PO suggestions manually and it works correctly when the full MRP process runs it doesn’t work for this part. What is the update process you referenced?

Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations

@Jason_Woods Thank you so much for your help. I am still working with our IT group on the refresh part quantities suggestion. In the meantime another solution came up. We scheduled the PO suggestion process to run after the completion of the MRP process. This resulted in the correct purchase suggestions for the target part.

Good news. I may have learned something today.