Supplier Price List- Unable to use override conversion for a part in PROD, but can use in TEST no issue

Hello,

I have exhaustively searched Epicor manuals and the web for a solution to my problem (below) for 2 days. Hoping someone can help.

The initial issue:

Purchasing wanted to order some T-slot rail from a vendor. This item is setup in our system as inches, across the board. The item is sold in 10’ lengths, but we have it set to inches since we issue it to a job that way. When the purchaser put in 720" of material to the PO, it came out as 720 pieces (7200’). Should have came out as 6 pieces of rail since one rail=120".

Attempted solutions:

1. Working in TEST database first, I checked on the part number. UOM in Part Maint. matches up with that of the PROD database. Still working in TEST, I went to Supplier Price List and populated the part number/vendor information. Supplier UOM (under the part entry field) shows up as EACH. Not sure why. But OK. I then checked off “Override Conversion” and set “1 EA MULTIPLY 120=120.000 IN.” Saved my work, closed. I went to create a mock purchase order, still in TEST. This time, when I put 720 IN as the quantity, it converted correctly to supplier’s quantity of 6. So, this does what I need it to. Now let’s go to PROD, repeat this and call it a day–right?

2. In my PROD database, I opened Supplier Price List. I repeated everything from above. When I check “Override Conversion”, I get the error message “Cannot override the Base Unit of Measure of the UOM Class.” Why??? All Part Maintenance UOM’s match. Part classes match. So, after reading the help file and the manual, I tried changing my Purchasing units to EA and keeping everything else at Inches. Saved. Go back to Supplier price list, and refresh. Override Conversion still gives me the same error.

3. Opening Supplier Price List in PROD and TEST, I compared all details. I noticed Supplier UOM in PROD is “IN” and TEST is “EA”. The pull-down field is greyed out. So now, I’m onto something, I thought. Question here: Where does EPICOR pull the UOM for supplier UOM? Help file says from the Part Maintenance menu, but I can’t find anywhere in part maintenance that I have an EA UOM.

3a. I found an article here that suggests that the Supplier UOM will be set next time you edit a PO suggestion. I tried to generate suggestions in TEST, but was unsuccessful in doing so. This idea doesn’t seem logical. Why would you set your UOM in price list from a PO suggestion? If someone can poke a hole in my doubt, please feel free.

1. Opening Part Maintenance in both databases, I compared once more, every single attribute. Everything matches.

2. Checked for open POs in PROD database. None open, but one was recently closed.

3. I tried to see if I could cross reference where Vendpart.PUM field was populated from. My lack of understanding on data dictionary probably just added to the confusion. I’m sure there’s a way to do what I need.

4. I tried searching through UOM Maintenance and UOM Class Maintenance. I do not wish to change UOMs or class on the part-there’s no need.

5. Worthy of noting, neither PROD or TEST part is tracked for multiple UOMs. Again, I don’t see the need when it works the way we need it to in TEST.

Open to your solutions, and I am grateful in advance! I am new to EPICOR, so please be patient if I have follow up questions. Thanks!

Are your TEST and PROD environments on the same exact version? If so, you might be better of opening a ticket with Epicor support.

EpicCare knowledgebase is another great resource if you haven’t checked that out yet :slight_smile: there is an article on this error that might help you (KB0067217), and here is the resolution:

Make sure you have a supplier UOM in the price list
And that this UOM selected is not the Base UOM for the UOM class, if it is, you won’t be able to override the conversion.

This error caused by having Track Mulitple UOMs checked under Part Maintenance.
You may fix this error by unchecking Track Multiple UOMs checkbox or you may manually check the UOMs you would like to track.

System will also prompt this error when the supplier UOM is same as Inventory UOM defined in Part Maintenance.

Thank you Jacquelyn, so happy to have help :slight_smile: I will check out that KB article. Yes, TEST and PROD are identical. I have answered each of your solutions below. Tell me if I missed anything.

Make sure you have a supplier UOM in the price list
And that this UOM selected is not the Base UOM for the UOM class, if it is, you won’t be able to override the conversion.

I probably wasn’t clear in my lengthy post, but Yes, I tried to select UOM class in the price list. Supplier UOM was greyed out in both TEST and PROD. PROD tracked it as “IN” and TEST as “EA”. In PROD, i understand I am not allowed to override the UOM because it is in fact the base UOM for the class. Question is, where and how do I change my UOM? If I can change this, then my override check box issue is fixed.

This error caused by having Track Mulitple UOMs checked under Part Maintenance.
You may fix this error by unchecking Track Multiple UOMs checkbox or you may manually check the UOMs you would like to track.

Not tracking multiple UOMs (item 8 above). I left it alone, since it was unchecked in TEST

System will also prompt this error when the supplier UOM is same as Inventory UOM defined in Part Maintenance.

Purchasing UOM and Inventory UOM are the same in part maintenance, in both databases. I even tried in PROD to make the Purchasing UOM “EA”, saving it, and re-opening Price List. Just for good measure I rebooted my computer. To be fair, the reboot was for an unrelated issue.

Any ideas beyond that?

Thanks!

To anyone reading, this was resolved. There was a duplicate entry of that part number entered with a different UOM. It was not immediately showing when you did a search. One of my colleagues found it, deleted it, and I’m back in business. Not sure why the other entry was not visible. Hopefully this helps.

1 Like